“All Day Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 56 restaurants in Harpenden
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An all day eatery with a Mediterranean influence serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (in that order).Because we are an all day eatery it means you can come with your kids (for bubble and squeak and a milkshake), you can come with your friends (for a carefully selected ‘Teapigs’ tea and slice of the drizzliest lemon drizzle cake ever),  you can come with your other half (for our  ‘21 day aged’ rib eye steaks and bottle of Rioja) or you can just come on your own, to enjoy a cup of our excellent coffee and linger over the papers. (Slippers not included).
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“All Day Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 NEW

Whether its creamy porridge and a bacon sandwich on granary; a huge slice of the best ever Victoria Sandwich with tea or an evening meal of char grilled sea bass with warm potato salad you will not be disappointed.

This excellent small restaurant is just perfect for any occasion. My teenage granddaughter loves it and it was a perfect venue to celebrate my 60th birthday with friends and family.

Service is excellent; friendly but not intrusive. Iced water is served without asking and somehow without noticing your glass is just refilled. The restaurant is frequently busy but you never feel rushed and all meals are timed to perfection and come fresh and hot.

If you are unable to walk here there is often parking outside but for evenings and weekends there is a large free carpark at Sun Lane just a few minutes walk away.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 NEW

Very disappointed visit to the Okka cafe, I had heard so many positive things about this cafe. I arrived at 12:30 and asked the manager for a table of 3. There were 3 free tables. There was no welcome greeting or hello, he told me to sit at the back table, which I did. I felt he was annoyed with me for coming into his restaurant at lunch time. My friend arrived 5 minutes later with a buggy. As we were seated at a table for 4, we removed a chair and placed the buddy neatly at the back. We asked the manager if this was ok and he said it was not, the chair was in the way now. It wasnt and he angrily picked up the chair. Again we were made feel like we were an inconvenience. 2 minutes later another friend arrived with a buggy, my friend was willing to leave the buggy outside, but before we could discuss this with the manager, he had already said you cannot come in, there is no room. We decided to leave, I told the manager he was rude. When I arrived he was rude. He didn't care. I will not return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harpenden
“Highly recommend ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great coffee and I highly recommend the mezze , best I have tasted since returning from a holiday in Turkey :-) . Good service great food what more could you ask for when dinning out .....

Harpenden, United Kingdom
“2 visits in a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Booked a table for dinner several weeks ago, as we had not eaten here we decided to have breakfast to make sure it would be suitable for the parents who were coming to visit! Both meals were excellent, we were made to feel very welcome and will definitely return again in the future for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Very good central brunch option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Came here for lunch on Sunday with friends. Central location, with friendly staff. Had the full monty cooked breakfast - all very good quality, though the bacon was a bit tasteless.

Had a smoothie alongside - extremely good. Excellent value for money and they made a proper effort for the 2 year old in our group, so kudos to them. Service a bit slow, but the place was fairly busy.

I heartily recommend this place for anyone craving a decent brunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere