“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Fownhope
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: You have the hotel listed but not the restraurant, makes it harder to find, also it should have herefordshire in search function otherwise it makes it hard to find.
UK
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

First time I have stayed here, usual hotel I stay at for work was fully booked amd so eventually stayed here. Lovely rooms, though some a little on the small side. Fab down filled mattress and duvet, fab decor, fab bathrooms. Downsides are that some rooms are very small and there is road noise but others are quite large and quieter. Another downside is the wait for breakfast, if you are staying for a business stay then a fifteen minute wait just to order breakfast and then a further half
hour wait just to cook it isnt acceptable... However the sausages are lush. Evening food was great, a little expensive but good quality none the less. Staff to be applauded for their great customer service, happy, smiley and pleasant, will definately stay again! I had a couple of problems with my room but the staff were happy to help, with no moaning and had lots of genuine smiles.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

England
“Stylish but..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Lovely looking pub, very stylish and interior designed. Staff are young and friendly and you have high hopes but the food doesn't quite live up to expectations. We had a sandwich and a starter each, served on boards with slightly sad leaves and what looked like long life ready to bake baguettes. Nothing really wrong, but could be better. Hopefully will improve as it goes along.

Visited June 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Stunning decor, very attentive staff, food slightly average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

He have just visited the Green Man in Fownhope for Sunday lunch 4 adults and one child. We opted for the two course meal for around £17. My mother ordered the seafood cocktail assuming it would be a prawn cocktail type starter but in fact it was squid and other pickled seafood. We swapped our starters and the ham hock terrine was delicious but the stuffed peppers average. 3 of us had lamb and my mother (who runs a food business) thought the lamb was on the turn!! We had puddings and my husband and I couldn't eat the cheesecake because it wasn't very nice but my son loved his sticky toffee pudding. My father had cheese and biscuits and was quite disappointed with the portion size and I'd agree with him to be honest. The staff were fantastic very attentive and the garden was lovely. The decor is some of the best I've seen in a pub in Herefordshire but they need to tweak the food slightly in my opinion to make it outstanding. I doubt we'd go back. Sorry.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bisley, United Kingdom
“Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great looking pub, properly restored with quality furniture.
Very unusual and interesting duck starter, fine slices of duck and goose cooked till crispy. Lovely.
Good fillet steak, cooked as ordered, very tender.
Good pint too.
All in all, it's a cracking pub for a good up-market night out near Hereford.
Friendly and helpful staff as well.

Thanks.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We ate there today for a family birthday. Food was OK, but not amazing. Service was slow. We had expected better.