From the moment we walked in until the moment we sadly left (because we wanted to stay longer!!), everything was virtually perfect.
1) check in was seamless and incredibly friendly - the valet took our car swiftly away with a smile
2) It was my fiance's Birthday (which i mentioned when I booked the room)... waiting for us in our room was a box of (incredible) chocolates and "happy birthday" written on a plate in chocolate! what service! extra mile indeed! so thoughtful - won me huge brownie points :)
3) the room is ample, new and very clean (we had the bottom of the line) huge TV, fabulously comfy king size bed, big bathroom... it was a bit of a walk as the place is huge! so you might want to bring a pair of trainers with you! Seriously You can hear the M25 when you open your windows... but didnt bother us believe it or not.
4) we had dinner (think couches in a living room rather than formal dining) in the Mansion House lounge in front of the cozy fire place and it was yummy - our server was friendly and the head chef even stopped by for a quick chat to find out how we were doing! what a nice guy!
5) the fitness center is fantastic - took a brilliant Boot Camp Class at 9:15am on sunday followed by the best breakfast buffet i have had in a long time - ample, fresh, delish... just wish i could have put some in my bag for later!
6) the spa is great as well! 20M pool with a bubble pool and steam. Only down side is the sauna is in the changing room so there is no co-ed one ... also there are only about 10 loungers to sit on... and they fill up quite quickly. the changing facilities are spotless and the soap/creams smell delish! we left squeaky clean!
7) the grounds are fantastic - we will defentily return in the summer when we can make use of the little beach, huge outdoor pool, 2 tennis courts, veg garden, fruit trees and fantastic walks...
If you are looking for a place to get away from it all - the Grove is a MUST! also very kid friendly!
dont miss this place! we loved it and will definitely be back... hopefully sooner rather than later! thank you for making my fiance's birthday weekend spectacular!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel UK/Hertfordshire, England