“Great service, food and beer” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Bromyard
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Royal oak in Bromyard is set in beautiful gardens, the food is reasonably priced, well presented and very nice. Well worth a visit.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great service, food and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have been to the Royal Oak twice this week, with a group of 12 and then 17! Service and food was excellent and second time round we got to enjoy the selection of ales on offer which was much better. Great view down over Bromyard and a short taxi back to Little Frome Farm accommodation which we would also recommend.

Birmingham
“Our favourite pub in Bromyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We often go for meals here and we always get good service, and lovely food at sensible prices. It has a great atmosphere, roaring log fires on cold days, bright and sunny in summer. The staff are very considerate -for example they'll always let my elderly father in law order sausage and chips even when it's not on the menu!

Visited March 2014
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely country pub in a wonderful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have been visiting Bromyard Downs for many years and always planed to visit The Royal Oak and now we wish we had been there sooner. After a lovely walk on the Downs we decided to go in for lunch, we were immediately made to feel welcome by the friendly staff, we both ordered the home made steak and kidney pie and although we would have preferred a slightly thicker pastry topping it is a minor detail in our overall enjoyment of the meal. The staff were attentive without being over the top and the building and grounds only add to the overall experience.
We will be visiting again soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ledbury, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I cannot ever say I have had anything but a lovely meal here. Been a fair few times over last 3 years.
GREAT PUB GRUB. With friendly and quick service and in my opinion perfectly priced!
I was here on the 15th March for a meal with the family for my 21st and they even added a candle to my dessert! :)
I have recommended a few people and will continue to and return myself!

Bromyard, United Kingdom
“Decent food, lovely setting, outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Royal Oak is set in beautiful grounds with extensive views across Herefordshire to the West. The outside drinking and eating area is smart, clean and well equipped. the garden is very well tended and there are swings and other play items for the little ones.

The food is good everyday fare. I enjoy the home made curries and chillis and the pies are well regarded. The menu is broad but a bit predictable and isn't "gourmet" standard. But it is right at the top of the tree for regular pub fare.

The service is friendly, attentive and efficient.

Special praise for the excellent range of three real ales, all local and always in perfect condition whenever I go there - which is at least once a month.

• Visited February 2014