“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Bishop's Frome WR6 5BP , England   |
Chieti, Italy
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked in for one night on my travels. It was for a working visit, and was not expecting too much for the £30 fee. Room was fine, shower OK, clean sheets and towels, plenty of hot water. Landlord provided an evening meal for me, despite the restaurant being normally closed to the public on Sunday nights. I thought this was a kind gesture. You do get free internet access, speed is only about 3MB, but a good connection.
Its a one night hotel, (rooms are looking a little tired like others have mentioned), but for what I paid, the convenience, and overall cost, for me, I personally thought "value for money".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Good location for visiting the area. Accommodation a bit shabby and could do with a makeover, but clean and everything is there - good towels, shower functional, tea/coffee, TV, alarm, toiletries, beds comfortable. Nice owners, and good breakfast. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight stop to north Wales.Room basic but clean,power shower and lovely thick towels.Lovely country location,wasn't noisey at night even though it was next to a main road.We had drinks in the bar where prices were reasonable,we did not have an evening meal but had an excellant cooked breakfast! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I was booked in for a night here by my boss as I work all over the country. The pub is nice and seems well presented. Food was good and stayed on a Wednesday (curry night) and got a curry with all the trimmings and a pint for £6.75. The room was a bit shabby and both cups in the room were both dirty from the last people who stayed here. The walls seem paper thin and can here the people in the other rooms talking. Stayed in better but then again I've stayed in a lot worse!

• Stayed September 2013
Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked a single room at the Chase Inn due to its competitive price and proximity close to Eastnor Castle for a show I was attending the following day.

On arrival, the owner (wife) was friendly and gave me the room key. I dropped my luggage into the room and went directly to the pub for some dinner. The pub food was tasty and well presented. The draught beer was refreshing and the free wi-fi allowed me to catch up on some e-mails, etc. I enjoyed a couple of pleasant hours in the pub and then headed up to the room.

Once I was in the room, I began to notice a few issues. The carpet was old with several stains and what appeared to be cigarette burns. The wall had significant damage from dampness - apparently caused due to a rotten window frame. Both require attention but I could overlook the issues considering the low cost of the room. However, I expect the bed to be comfortable - it wasn't. The middle of the single bed seemed to be worn out. I could feel the springs pressing against my back, causing discomfort. I tried to lay on the outer edges of the bed to avoid the springs but this all resulted in a bad nights sleep.

I mentioned my concern with the bed to the owner the next morning (after a pleasant cooked breakfast). She informed me that they only took over the place four months ago and that they replaced all of the mattresses at that time. Maybe they bought cheap mattresses!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Blackpool, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I made a HUGE mistake last time I was visiting this area, and stayed in a different hotel, which was probably one of the worst overnight experiences of my life! This time I returned to the Chase, which had only recently changed management before my last stay. I was delighted to find the same couple running it, and the welcoming smiles after a long journey were much appreciated.

This is a typical village inn, no pretension or delusions of grandeur, a good, honest, traditional pub on the ground floor, with clean, nicely appointed bedrooms upstairs. Very comfortable bed, crisp clean linen, good towels, and a power shower.

The bar menu is excellent, and food is freshly cooked. The stock "company" menu is there, with some excellent specials in addition, all at a good price. The number of non-residents eating on a Monday night bore witness to the popularity of the venue, and there's an added bonus of an outside area where you can enjoy the clean country air while eating and enjoying an excellent pint or two.

A good, freshly prepared full breakfast to start the day, friendly and efficient management, lovely chatty locals, and the great overall ambience of a British village, complete with village green and local community shop, make this a terrific place to stay.

I look forward to my next visit, hopefully later this year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

During our stay, the owner ( the gentleman ) was friendly and welcomed us warmly.
We had a very tasty chicken sizzling for dinner.

However, our room was above kitchen and kitchen-fan was buzzing constantly and we even could not rest after long drive the whole day.
When we asked about that fan to the above owner, he was apologetic and said that would switch off around 9.30PM, so it did.
As it was from kitchen, nothing he could have done anyway.
But, it switch on again around 7am for breakfast.

Room Tip: Inquire by phone on booking about the room - whether it is above kithchen or near to kitchen - fan...