“Shame!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Leonards Hotel

You added St. Leonards Hotel to your Saves list
St. Leonards Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Ringwood Road | St. Leonards, New Forest National Park, Ringwood BH24 2NP, England   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ringwood
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Shame!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night only, intending to eat in as we arrived late in the afternoon and did not know the area. As we drove up to the hotel there was a sign outside stating that there were no meals being served due to the kitchen being refurbished. This was not a good start. We booked a twin room with disabled access/facilities. Upon arrival we were shown to our room which was made up as a double. We spoke with reception and they were very pleasant and asked us to make ourselves comfortable in the bar whilst they re-organised the room. I offered to allow them to give us a complimentary drink while we waited. I got one (tick!) my companion did not!!
We made enquiries regarding eating establishments in the locality and were told a limited menu was available in the hotel for staying guests.
We were happy to order from the limited menu and in fact enjoyed our meal.
Upon return to our freshly made up twin room we discovered that the bathroom was in fact just that - a bathroom, absolutely not useable for my disabled companion.
This hotel is nicely appointed and the staff are very friendly and polite but we just got fed up with everything being wrong! We didn't even bother to complain about the lack of disabled facilities in our en suite as we were so fed up by then.
The organisational abilities of the booking staff/system are a shambles which totally negates the superbly trained front of house staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stopped on our way home. Jane on reception went beyond the call of duty. She was so helpful. I would definitely stay here. We only saw the restaurant area and it was clean and welcoming. Thank you again Jane! It was our second visit and I would stay here if I was looking for accommodation in the area. There is also a friendly horse riding centre 5mins by car from here owned by Sheila, at Forest Pines.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My stay was for business and the location is excellent right on the main route. Rooms are dated but clean. Staff brilliant - they all really want to help, the attitude is all about what they "can do" for you. Food is really super, well priced and fantastic choice, couldn't fault it. Well stocked bar, excellent wine list. There's a courtyard just off the main bar that's a real sun trap - lovely for an early evening drink whilst you look through the menu! Reasonably priced for this area it's a little gem. To top it all it's dog friendly in the ground floor rooms and bar area. We have a new puppy who now often travels with us so next time I'm in this area I will be able to bring her which is a huge bonus. Free wifi, loads of parking space.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Such a shame, had a great evening after a long day enjoyed great service and food in the restaurant. However had room 210 and was extremely noisy from the road and when I woke in the morning for a shower there was hair and muck behind the fixture in the bath. Not a pleasant start to any day especially when they are not your own! The receptionist did care when discussed where as in the past many just go ...... Oh sorry. They did genuinely care here which was refreshing. A real shame as I stay away often due to my work and I have just moved to the area and need a base to stay. Would I stay again......maybe??? Must be clean and not have a room on the roadside. Thank you to the restaurant and bar staff (inc chef) for the great food and service.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My daughter in law and I stayed here when visiting a friend in Ferndown. We found the Hotel and staff lovely, very helpful and obliging. The room we had was comfortable and clean, although we were at the front of the hotel the noise from the very busy road outside didn't bother us at all. We were not far from all the places that we wanted to visit and the journeys we made were no longer than half to three quarters of an hour away. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to our friends and family. Excellent.

Room Tip: Front rooms can be noisy from busy road.
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel on our way home and found it to be very good value for money. The lounge service was very good our meals were super. The room was large and clean. The hotel looks a bit tired but makes up for it with super service and friendly staff. We will recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I take my Mother out for Sunday lunch every week and this week we decided to go to The St Leonards Hotel, when we arrived we found a table and looked at the menus we were hoping that there would be a special on as some of these have been very good in the past but no so we chose of the menu I went for the "British Ploughmans" and my mother decided on the steak and ale pie the waitress came quite quick and took our orders so we waited and waited and waited on the table next to us a Family of 3 arrived ten minutes after we had placed our order and they received their meals while we were still waiting so I went to the bar to enquire after some shouting in the kitchen "where are table 2 meals" the young man I had asked came out and said it was just being plated, Mothers meal looked a bit scorched the chips a bit over done and the veg dried out green beans were solid carrot had seen better days and 3 dried peas were hiding under this, then came the ploughmans this is advertised as Freerange pork pie ( never seen a pork pie roaming on its own) what I received was half a pale, tasteless unappetising looking excuse for a pork pie I have had much better Tesco value pork pies, Bloomer bread with butter what I got was 2 very small slices of bread each about a quarter of a slice and no butter, pickle onions missing the Ham was quite nice though. after sending the waitress back twice for the missing items and more bread her comment was can I get you anything else or is there something else missing.
Please note I am not writing this as someone who just complains but as someone who has spent 30 years of my working life in this industry.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to St. Leonards Hotel? Share your experiences!