“Wouldn't recommend it!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Leonards Hotel

You added St. Leonards Hotel to your Saves list
St. Leonards Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Ringwood Road | St. Leonards, New Forest National Park, Ringwood BH24 2NP, England   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ringwood
“Wouldn't recommend it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Not enough staff at hotel, took along time to have our table cleared and when waiting to be served for breakfast it took a good 20mins! And it wasn't even busy, very slow service. Rooms could do with abit of decorating as there were damp stains on ceiling. Not worth the money! Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Only good thing was the bed.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Morden, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went here for a family party and used one of the function rooms which became really hot quickly due to lots of people being there but staff wouldn't allow the doors to the outside patio open for some reason, I also felt the guinness tasted like it was watered down. The bedroom was ok although not worth the £90 I was charged for a very basic room with no toiletries in the bathroom apart from a toilet roll. At breakfast I was one of the first in the room with about 2 small tables with a couple on each. I ordered my full english at 8.30 and by 9.10 it still had not arrived even though people that came in way after me was getting theres, I asked my waitress what the hold up was and she told me it was cos my food had got burnt so I waited patiently till 9.30 when it still had not arrived, I was then told by the manager that she had actually forgot to place my order! Eventually 1 hour and 20mins later my full english arrived which consisted of 1 of each item and the manager was rather rude when I complained about the time I had waited being told mistakes happen. The toast was charred black and uneatable. Not impressed seeing as I went to breakfast early so I could make my train connections. As for the free wi-fi they claim to have I know of only a few people out of the 60+ guests I was at the party with that actually managed to get some sort of signal. I would not stay here again and I will be writing an email to head office about this place.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

As we were camping nearby we thought it would be nice to go for an evening meal as the weather was miserable outside. We ventured into the restaurant which was mainly filled by those staying in the hotel. The table was sticky despite me seeing it being 'cleaned' (I use the term loosely!). The service was very slow and wasn't much to write home about. Didn't seem very fresh but it was food and we were hungry.

I was expecting a more fresh looking interior as the exterior was what drew us in. There was a member of staff who was running around ragged whilst two young waitresses meandered behind the bar looking slightly bewildered. 20 -30 mins after we ordered food at the bar one of the waitresses came over to ask if we had ordered!!

Think some training wouldn't go amiss for the bar staff. Don't think I'd return in a hurry.

• Stayed August 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel approx twice a year for ten years as we have family living in the near vicinity. The toiletries they provide have gone down over the years and now they only provide a small shower gel between two people, no tissues, shampoo and conditioner. The beds are quite comfortable but the rooms are quite tired looking and could do with redecorating. The hotel food has taken a downturn with meals having to be sent back; our family usually join us for meals and they were very disappointed this year.

Room Tip: Make sure you have an upstairs room to be sure of privacy as downstairs rooms have no net curtains m...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were staying at the Shamba Holiday Park just down the road and fancied a pub meal for dinner on our first night. Very attractive and inviting pub from the outside and plenty of car parking. Was a little dark inside and so we sat in the fron window area. The service was good, the food was excellent and at a decent price. We all cleared our plates and enjoyed our visit.

As i said, we didn't stay at this hotel but the gardens at the rear looked great, would have been nice waking up of a morning looking out.

Would visit again if in the area.

poole
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our visit here was planned for dinner & drinks with friends. I totally agree with contributor Charlotte M, our experience seems to have mirrored hers.
Tables were filthy, you had to clear your own before sitting down, the bar staff were exceedingly rude, glasses were smeared.
We left without dining, and will think twice before returning

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Glucester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, arrived late evening which the hotel had been advised of, ploughed through the bank of smokers outside the main door. A tied easily 10 ins for someone to check us in,and then the member of staff was quite rude to us. Yes they were busy but their attitude was more like one would expect of a fast food outlet, not a hotel. All the decor and fabric of the hotel is tired, the coffee tables in reception were unwiped-yuk! The bedrooms were good, comfortable and clean, tho smelled a bit musty.( they had had a water leak in another bedroom)
Breakfast was good and plentiful, tho again the tables and chairs could have been cleaner.
Fine for a one night stay but wouldn't spend any time in the hotel during the day.

Room Tip: Take a room at the rear upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to St. Leonards Hotel? Share your experiences!