Forest Lodge

This property has multiple rentals:
Lodge Garden

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

kate m
Taunton, United Kingdom
“made our wedding extra special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I just wanted to say that we got married in Ringwood and we had the log cabin for 3 nights/ 4 days our whole experience was amazing, the cabin was so private, cosy and relaxing. We took our doggy with us and had some lovely walks to go on. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone can not fault it in anyway.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oct 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments they are really appreciated.Best wishes for the future Chris.
Giraffe20...
“We will be back! (If you will have us as we were late checking out, sorry again!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

This place is very hard to leave! We were looking for a safe, spacious place for the 400 kids we have in our group of friends to have free rein to have fun while the grown ups enjoyed a glass of wine for a long weekend and this is exactly what we got. The pool and outdoor space is perfect with access to the forest for walking the dog and enjoying the fresh air.
We were greeted with a warm and relaxed welcome and basically told to have a good time which is just what we did.
The pool is perfect (water warm and safe steps in for young children) and the cottage and lodge very well equipped.
We hired both the cottage and lodge for four families plus kids and found the accommodation fitted us all in with room to spare.
Very short drive to Paultons Park and were recommended by our hosts to use Burley bikes for bike hire and can definately recommend them too, helpful and welcoming.
Can't recommend this place enough, hope to visit again soon and will recommend where we can.
Thank you from Nick and everyone in our group.

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Sep 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and you are more than welcome back anytime.Teddy is on its way.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Gemma F
Leeds
“Great facilities but lots of areas for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

We spent two nights in the Cottage and, overall, we had an enjoyable stay. There were a few issues that could be easily resolved and I e-mailed the owner regarding these upon our return. However, as he’s not responded (4 weeks later) I will point out all our issues to potential guests to enable them to try and resolve any potential problems prior to their holiday.

Facilities
The pool area is fantastic and if staying in the Log Cabin you can access it at any time you wish. The play area is also brilliant for the little ones and an excellent idea. We just used the Log Cabin as a base for two nights whilst visiting Peppa Pig World and LongLeat Safari Park so didn’t actually spend much time there. If we had I’m sure the children would have spent more time in the pool and the park.

Kitchen
I chose a holiday cottage for two nights as wanted to be able to cook a proper meal one night. The kitchen would definitely benefit from some extra utensils. I note a previous review states ‘the kitchen was well equipped’ but I could only locate bread-style knives and could not locate a peeler! There is also very limited space for your food and it’s a shame wall units haven’t been added to the empty wall. We only had two days worth of food but had to leave it in bags on the top.

Lounge
Two big comfy sofas but we didn’t manage to get the TV or DVD to work whilst we were there. Maybe it’s our knowledge of electricals but I’ve never experienced problems using a TV before!!

Bedrooms
The bedrooms were pleasant enough with nice furniture and bedding. However one bed in the larger bedroom had no bedding on it. The owner had advised he was out that evening so we didn’t try to contact him to enquire about this, so my partner just slept on the mattress protector with a duvet with no cover.

Bathroom
I failed to realise that the bathroom doesn’t have a bath which wasn’t ideal for us as my 2 year old doesn’t like showers. It doesn’t seem to make this clear from the details.

The shower was also a bit of a mindfield with 3 nobs to operate three different outlets and none clear on which was the temperature! Two lights were out in the bathroom which probably didn’t help as it was pretty dark. If some information was provided on the shower I think this would be a great help.

Overall
The Cottage didn’t have the sparkly clean feeling that I like though I appreciate my standards might be higher than some! I also feel that the price of a property creates a certain level of expectation and at £189 per night my expectations were not met. The Cottage does have great facilities but I would not choose to go back.

3 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
2 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Swimming pool
Liked least: Cleanliness
Traveling group: Young Children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 19, 2013
sorry did not respond to email as we didn't get one. Potato peeler was in the cupboard not in the drawer. With reference to the TV,i have just asked my wife who is not TV friendly to turn it on which she did easily !There are 6 large cupboards and we have never had a complaint about lack of space !The double was made for yourself and husband you did not tell us he wanted to sleep in the other double bed, if so we would have given linen.
My wife takes great pride in the way she cleans the holiday lets and we have never before had a complaint of this nature.With reference to the price we are always busy. Thank you for your comments Kind regards Chris.
Queenraf
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I honestly can't say anything negative about our stay at Forest Lodge. We stayed for a week with 3 children and from the minute we walked in to the minute we left everything was perfect. The location was great we did Paultons Peppa Pig world, and Beauleau car museum. We went to Bournmouth and Sandbanks and biked from Burley. Everywhere was easily travelled to via car or bike.
The kitchen was well equipped at the lodge and the washing machine invaluable. Having the pool was great for our children and they made firm friends with the children who live there too.
Wifi was not great but I don't go on holiday to spend time browsing the Internet etc so it was minor issue.
Thank you Chris, Lisa and Melissa for such a lovely holiday home. We hope to return.
Esther and Raj x

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Aug 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your review i really appreciate your comments.
the wi fi is not good here and annoys me from time to time.I would like to say it was a pleasure to have you as guests,hope to see you again.
Kind regards Chris Lisa and Family.
Carmel J
“We stayed here for a week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

The first issue was the wifi, it doesn't work at all in the house, this was a disappointment.
The house was attached to the owners property so we felt less secluded from the outside world. Owners were friendly.
We liked the dogs.
The road traffic noise was very bad at times.
Hose pipe was left outside back door for a long period of time, this was a hazard as my Dad almost tripped. The pool and hot tub was good.
If I go to the new forest again I will look for something more private with wifi and no traffic noise.

3 of 5 stars Value 3 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Service
Aug 18, 2013
I am sorry you had a problem with the wi- fi we have asked B T for a booster but as always it is taking forever to get sorted. The hose was topping up the pool and is Bright Yellow,we were not asked to move it.What would be really nice for us as owners would be for some guests to leave our property as they found it !!!
Anne C
London, England, United Kingdom
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

wow what a lovely place and such lovely host, we used the pool and hot tub loads which was lovely and warm .it was right on the edge of the new forest which had lovely walks only thing that would make a little better is Wi Fi but that i believe that is going in later this year ,i wish them good luck with the letting but im sure they dont need it as doing a great job will be going back x

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: swimming pool
Liked least: nothing at all
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Feb 19, 2013
Thank you for your great Review, Yes WIFI Instillation date 21/02/2013 so will be in sooner rather than later.
Look forward to seeing you again
Kindest Regards
Melissa and family
kez8471
“My dream come TRUE, as I love log cabins :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Its a great place in a super area, very nice views. The pool and hot tub was super. I will be coming back

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Location
Sep 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Look forward to seeing you again.Best wishes Chris.
Check in
Listed since : Jun 2012
Response Rate: 95 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 7 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing