“Owl Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Ferndown
“Owl Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I first went to Liberty's when the previous owner was there and was horrified at the state of the cages and I don't personally believe they have been refurbished, despite the signs - unless things have changed behind the scenes. However, on the plus side, I went for the 2 hours Owl Experience with Groupon on a sweltering day in May and I can't wait to repeat it! There were 10 of us in the group and were enthralled by the talk given to us by a falconer and then each held an owl for photos, before going into the Flying arena to fly the Great Grey Owl.
Perhaps our needs are simple, yes, the place needs a lot of attention, but I had a never to be forgotten experience with these incredible birds.....plus, one of the very best cheese and ham toasted sanwiches!

Visited May 2012

Bournemouth
“Really good fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was given a falconry flying experience for my birthday and I went along today and had a great time!

John, the head falconer, was so knowledgeable and has such a good way with the birds. I fed a Bald Eagle,I stroked an owl and I saw one of the fastest birds on the planet in action.

In addition to this there are reptiles (including a HUGE boa constrictor) and spiders (a tarantula almost the size Of my hand!)

I had a great day and will definitely be returning!

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Its abit out of the way and when you first walk around it looks abit messy but look beyond this and you will enjoy the birds its one of the best ones i have seen

Visited July 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Great place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Well worth a visit,although not the smartest looking of places the birds look well looked after and the enthusiasm of the staff we spoke too was obvious,there is a small cafe on site which offered basic snacks etc,we visited on an exceptionally rainy day(even for this summer !)which meant we probably didn't see it at it's best and also meant there were no flying displays,we will return however,when the weather is better

Visited July 2012
Poole, UK
8 attraction reviews
“Lots to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took my teenage son and his friend here a couple of summers ago and we got close to lots of beautiful birds and had the chance to handle a snake. I was able to get some really good owl photos there and got the chance to hold a bird of prey on my arm - how amazingly light it was with those hollow flying bones!