I felt compelled to write a review , after staying in such a warm and friendly B&B. My wife i decided on a last minute visit over from the Isle of Wight and picked Whitemoor House to stay after reading some great reviews on Trip Advisor. John when booking and on our arrival was full of the joy of spring. He was so approachable and advised us on places to visit and where to go with regard restaturants etc. One was Le Pergola Italian down the road was without doubt the best Italian meal we have ever had. That includes after various visits to Italy. However back to John and Steph's wonderful B&B. Bedroom was immaculate and excellently presented. Breakfast (local produce) was superb . Homemade jams could be bought at the B&B and nothing was any trouble. Normally we stay in Hotels but after this experience not only we will consider B&B's in future , we have already hatched a plan with some friends to come back in October to stay at Whitemoor House and enjoy the best of what The New Forest area has to offer.
If you want a lovely stay with superb hosts, then you cant go wrong with Whitemoor House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- David and Jayne are delighted to welcome you to Whitemoor House and will endeavour to make your stay a pleasurable experience. Whitemoor House overlooks the open New Forest, and a policy of continual refurbishment ensures a high standard of accommodation is maintained. Well appointed rooms offer comfort and style, with double, twin and romantic four poster beds for that special occasion (champagne, chocolates, flowers and strawberries can be arranged on request). Our hearty breakfasts are delicious, made using only the finest local produce, from farmhouse sausages, dry cured bacon, free range eggs to scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. We make our own marmalade, jam, lemon curd, granola and welcome cake. We provide well stocked mini bars, a cosy lounge with real fires for those winter months, a sunny garden for warmer days, an extensive library of books, DVDs and board games and complimentary Wi-Fi, with your comfort being our top priority. Lyndhurst village centre is just 7-8 minutes stroll away and has an excellent selection of restaurants, pubs and tea/coffee shops. Cycle hire is available in Lyndhurst, with several well-marked tracks to choose from. The unique New Forest Golf Club is within walking distance and offers beneficial rates to our residents. With over 45 attractions including Beaulieu, the home of Lord Montague, Eling Tide Mill, Hurst Castle and the New Forest Owl and Otter sanctuary, Whitemoor House, with its central location, is a great place to stay in the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Whitemoor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemoor House Hotel Lyndhurst
- Whitemoor House Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park