I have specifically come on here to write my first ever review purely because our hosts John and Stephanie were absolutely amazing!. After being slightly dubious of going to a B&B (we always go hotel-ling :)), we are totally converted. We were picked up from the station and dropped back by John who refused to let us get a cab. Informative and helpful about all the places to see. Too top it off the room was lovely and the breakfast equally as nice, Try the jam! (homemade).
Daniel and Michelle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- David and Jayne are delighted to welcome you to Whitemoor House and will endeavour to make your stay a pleasurable experience. Book direct with us for the most uptodate availability and to discuss your individual requirements. Whitemoor House overlooks the open New Forest, and a policy of continual refurbishment ensures a high standard of accommodation is maintained. Well appointed rooms offer comfort and style, with double, twin and romantic four poster beds for that special occasion (champagne, chocolates, flowers and strawberries can be arranged on request). Our hearty breakfasts are cooked using only the finest local produce, from farmhouse sausages, dry cured bacon, free range eggs to scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. There is also an extensive choice of cereals, fruits and yogurts to start with. We make our own marmalade, jam, lemon curd, granola and welcome cake. We provide well stocked mini bars, a cosy lounge with real fires for those winter months, a sunny garden for warmer days, an extensive library of maps, guide books, DVDs and board games plus complimentary Wi-Fi in each room. Your comfort and enjoyment during your visit is our top priority. Lyndhurst village centre is just 7-8 minutes stroll away and has an excellent selection of restaurants, pubs and tea/coffee shops. Just across the road is direct access to the open forest, beautiful walks and close encounters with ponies, donkeys and cattle! Cycle hire is available in Lyndhurst, with several well-marked tracks to choose from. The unique New Forest Golf Club is a short walk from here and offers beneficial rates to our residents. With over 45 attractions including Beaulieu (the home of Lord Montague and The National Motor Museum), Eling Tide Mill, Hurst Castle and the New Forest Wildlife Park, Whitemoor House, with its central location, is a great place to stay in the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Whitemoor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemoor House Hotel Lyndhurst
- Whitemoor House Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park