“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went here on the recommendation of our B&B in Lyndhurst (Okeover, not on tripadvisor but recommended!).

Food was really nice. I had the double burger which was absolutely vast. Two massive burgers in a bun, I could have eaten just the one and been satisfied. However, the burgers were homemade and really really good. There was also a very good salad, instead of the usual few leaves you get most places. My husband had the local sausages which he seemed to enjoy.

When we arrived it was quite empty but by the end it was pretty packed. This was a Saturday night. Subsequently, the service was better at the beginning of the meal than it was at the end. Having asked for our bill we were waiting quite a while for them to come with the card reader. In the end we lost patience and left cash. Other than that it was a very nice meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southampton
“The Waterloo Arms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

On Saturday we called into The Waterloo Arms for a faultless meal – the standard of food could not be faulted as was the staff who all gave the impression that they fully enjoyed working there. I thought the noticeable sign saying that the food is cooked to order, and if you are looking for fast food then call somewhere else, and to me this shows that thought goes into what is being served

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yateley, United Kingdom
“Terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We ate here and I so wish we went somewhere else. I had the sole special, the fish smelled so fishy and the whole dish was dry. I asked the waitress for lemon and she handed it to me from her hand. On the other hand my husband had the burger and that was very nice. Also the glass of wine I asked for was not filled to the 175 ml mark

Visited October 2012
staffordshire
“Warm friendly pub with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visited on a sunday night, never having been there before. We just caught the end of an excellent live singing act, which they apparantly have every sunday early evening. We both had the sunday roast, beef and lamb and the very generous portions were delicious. Mainly a pub for locals but we were made to feel very welcome.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Service? what service?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My friend and I met up for lunch at the Waterloo Arms, looking forward to a good meal in a convivial atmosphere. 45 minutes later, the waiter had made no effort to take our order, neither had he made any apology for the long wait or given an explanation or shown any courtesy whatsoever. Saturday lunchtime in one of the tourist hotspots of the New Forest, this rudeness was unbelievable and intolerable, leaving us only one option - to leave and go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2012