“Sorry to see it going.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lyndhurst Park Hotel

You added Lyndhurst Park Hotel to your Saves list
Lyndhurst Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park SO43 7NL , England   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Sorry to see it going.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not a specific review, but we have stayed here quite a few times over the past few years with our dog, and have always had a positive experience, despite the fact that it desperately needs some tlc. So sad to see from other reviews that it is closing down - I thought the new owners were going to invest some money in it but obviously not. It could be an absolute gem of a place with the right investment. I hope someone does take it over and restores the hotel to its former glory as it is in a fabulous location and has great character. It will be a shame if it is just converted into flats or houses. Thanks for the memories and best wishes to all the staff who couldn't have been more helpful and friendly on our visits.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Offloaded the children with the grandparents for a couple of nights as my good lady wife had purchased us a cheeky weekend away for my birthday. It was on one of these wowcher deals so the price was very reasonable indeed. When we arrived the staff were superb and very welcoming, rather surprising as it appears they're only going to be employed for another four weeks or so. We trudged up the impressive, if a little tired staircase to our room. The room itself was really run down and for me the telly was a bit small, but it was clean and the bed was really comfortable. The staff were helpful and were more than happy to keep serving us numerous drinks until the early hours, we then took full advantage of the comfortable bed, passing out until dinner time. We only had one meal there which was our evening meal on the Saturday and I must say it was very tasty and reasonably priced, again the staff were superb. All in all great value for money and we really enjoyed our stay.

Burbage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a two night break. The positive is that the staff were all friendly and did their best to make good of a bad situation.

The hotel is to close and is sub standard throughout in relation to facilities and decor and quite clearly has been let to deteriorate over the years. Which is a shame given the location, which is perfect for a stay in the New Forest.

Breakfast was nice but the overall impression was that both the building and staff had given up.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the hotel this weekend for a 2 night break on a 2 night Getaway voucher. It's absolutely true that we were nervous about our arrival and what we would find after reading reviews on this site.
First impressions of the entrance hall were good - but it was Stacey on reception who really made us feel comfortable and less nervous. We had been assigned a room on the main road (noisy) but Stacey was quick to reassign us to a garden view room and one she personally knew was nice. She was excellent - a lovely personality and nothing was too much trouble throughout our stay. She even let us look at a couple of other rooms as the one we were in was near the lift and stairs and we were afraid it would be noisy late at night. You couldn't wish for a better person on reception and we hope the hotel recognises her good work (she doesn't have an easy job as people arrive prepared for the worst...).
We learnt during our stay that the hotel will close in the new year. This is extremely sad. Yes at the moment the property is tatty - inside and out. It needs a complete shutdown and refurbishment. If someone did this it would be an absolutely amazing place to stay. The location is wonderful - we walked out to dinner on the main Lyndhurst High Street and were spoilt for choice with welcoming bars and restaurants. It is very very distressing that this lovely venue will close with no future plans to reopen. What a waste!! We are very sad that the option to return is being taken away from us.
All we hope is that the lovely friendly staff are able to find the jobs they deserve in the new year.
Thanks again Stacey!

littlehampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This will most likely be the last time we will visit this hotel as we are told it is to be pulled down, what a shame. We visited this weekend with our daughter and son-in-law and the little dog. We were all made welcome and I love the staff. Each time they have been so friendly. Good value break and breakfast but this time we had an added water feature as water was pouring in through the ceiling. I guess this is the hotels last few weeks of being open so it isn't worth them spending money to repair. Bye bye to a great hotel but time to make way for something new xx

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Highbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have just returned home after staying in this beautiful Hotel. I read many reviews before booking some good some not so good but decided to book anyway. I am so glad I did. I can not fault the staff in any way they were professional, friendly and very obliging. The food was excellent and the room although a little tired, was comfortable, and clean, and provided all the facilities I expected to find within hotel room. I enjoyed my stay here so much, I have just re booked for a short break before Christmas, this time with my dog.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the rear of the hotel have beautiful, peaceful views.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for 4 nights all thou the hotel is dated and in need of a spruce up I could fault how clean the hotel was also the breakfast was very good the staff where more than helpful also the hotel is in a beautiful location with lots to do not far away so if your looking for a cheap stay look no further

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Lyndhurst Park Hotel? Share your experiences!