“couldn't ask for more for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lyndhurst Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lyndhurst Park Hotel to your Saves list
Lyndhurst Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park SO43 7NL , England   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Lyndhurst
bournemouth
“couldn't ask for more for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Having read the reviews I was a little hesitant to stay but after 2 nights here I find it hard to find a problem. We were put in room 58 which was a large double room.Huge bathroom,large tv and everything clean and tidy.Staff were all friendly. Lift though a little on the small side served its purpose. A bit more room needed on the cooked breakfast table but these are just small niggles.The location is fantastic for the forest...which is next door! Overall I found the hotel to be great value,clean and friendly

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Lets start with a possitLet’s start with a positive
The Staff are Excellent and are very friendly too good for the Hotel!!!
Negatives:-
1. Rooms are very tired and damp (Mine had almost a full hair blanket on the counter pain and was extremely dirty) – moved to a different room better but not great.
2. WiFi or should I say lack off – it never worked the whole week in the room and 50% of the time anywhere else
3. Damp and musty everywhere you are greeted by this smell as soon as you head towards the bedrooms
4. Swimming pool – looked like it could be good if it had water in it
5. Breakfast – pre-cooked low quality but, there is a lot of it and its not limited
Recommendation:-
1. Start a hotel modernisation plan
2. Shut one wing at a time and refurbish

Room Tip: Dont bother until it has been refurbished
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just returned from two night break at this hotel. Friends booked this hotel and when we read the other reviews we thought we may be going to Faulty Towers. However, the Lyndhurst wasn't quite as bad as we anticipated. First impression was good, fast check in but our room had a horrible fishy smell, was very dated, threadbare carpet and curtains so we asked for another room. We are given room 34 which had recently been decorated. It had a new carpet and lovely curtains and it looked very smart. Everything worked well and we were happy until we went to bed. In the quiet of the night we heard dripping behind our headboard. We couldn't
see what would cause the dripping as it seemed to be inside the wall. This went on the whole night, it was like Chinese torture. The second night we used ear plugs but didn't sleep much better because the bed was the most uncomfortable bed we had ever slept in! It was clean but certainly not comfortable. It had a matress protector but the pillows didn't. The view from the room was lovely, we looked onto the garden and the pool is almost finished. We had dinner in the evening and the choice was good and the food delicious so no complaints there. Our friends had room 14 which was wonderful, comfortable bed and no dripping sounds so it's just the luck of the draw which room you are allocated.

Crewkerne, Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way to another destination. Having stayed here before, about 4-5 years ago, we had no qualms about booking. The price offered seemed quite cheap, although to be fair I can't remember how much we paid last time. Our room was tired and tatty with mis-matching furniture. The melamine vanity unit for the basin in the bathroom was chipped round the edges and the shower screen on the bath didn't open, so it was nearly impossible to turn the shower on without having your head under the water. You would have to climb in the bath to remove the shower head if you wanted to adjust the water temperature first. Our room was at the back of the hotel as we had asked for a quiet room, this was fine and we couldn't hear any traffic. We had a small balcony with 2 metal chairs, however, it was messy with cigarette butts on the ground so we didn't really want to spend time out there even though it was a sunny afternoon. The mattress was a bit saggy and was on top of a solid base so if you sat down or bounced at all, you hit a hard platform underneath.
Breakfast was disappointing. The cold buffet was average. Fruit & yoghurt covered with paper napkins which ended up a bit soggy. The "hot" food was in serving trays with large lids. Unfortunately, there was nowhere to put the lids while taking your food so you had to do a balancing act by putting one lid on top of the next serving dish. It was a bit like the puzzle with hoops and pegs, getting hoops from one end to the other. It meant that, realistically, only one persons at a time could take their breakfast. I also think that they forgot to put the burners on as the food was tepid, at best. We asked for brown toast and got white. However, they were able to find a couple of pieces of gluten-free bread, which was a bonus. Location in the town was good, close to restaurants but the whole experience was generally disappointing. It was cheap for a reason.

Room Tip: Try to get at the back to avoid any traffic noise.
Dorset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When you stay at a Hotel like this you can either relax and look at the positives while making the little niggles a bit of fun, or, you can spend your break picking fault in everything you can find. We chose to do the latter and had a lovely stay at this friendly but yes dated hotel.

I admit that things like the little lift which barely takes 2 people in it without luggage is not practical but it provided a fun way to pop up and down with my young daughter who thought it hilarious.

Staff could have been a bit more attentive at breakfast and disappeared for quite a while but otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GM_Lyndpark, General Manager at Lyndhurst Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor and I am pleased overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Also thank you for your contructive comments, I will use these to help improve the hotel further.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent location close to the town centre but still far enough away to be peaceful. The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean...but it really needs some money spending on a refurb.The communal area's and corridors looked very tired, the room was a little better
It is well located for a visit to Beauleiu and there are good places to eat in lyndhurst.
There is a pool in the gardens but I didn't go to it so I can't comment on that.

Room Tip: . Some rooms over look the gardens with pleasant views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mandy,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to see that overall you were happy with your stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the breakfast and cleaniness.

We are also currently working through a program of redecoration and refurbishment to the hotel, which I know will greatly enhance our product, and pick on some of your comments regarding some areas looking tired.

Once again thank you for your review.

Worthing, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great location. That is the best feature.
Booked this on a voucher deal I had as a present. A much needed rest was called for.
we checked in which was ok. When I saw the room I wanted to go home and didn't unpack until much later.
The room was dark shabby and in need of drastic redecoration. The chair was threadbare on the arm ( which I could not see the point in leaving in there) there was a hole in the ceiling. The bedcover had marks on it. The bed was uncomfortable and knackered.
There was no net curtain so the
workman up the ladder could see straight in.
The bathroom left a lot to be desired and I certainly did not attempt to use the rubber bath mat.
Oddly the shower curtain looked new.
I understand the hotel is being refurbished which of course is a good thing. I just don't get why it doesn't close until some rooms are habitable and then use them. This will cut down available rooms admittedly but there will be no complaints.
To repeat a previous comment the haddock and chips was freezer to microwave! The batter was anaemic and stodgy from undercooking. As dinner was only included for one night, the second night we went to la pergola which was amazing.
The breakfast was good.
The staff were ok.
I was sad and disappointed with my break. Especially as it was a gift. I don't think it was that cheap!

Room Tip: Wait until the hotel has been refurbished
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you were disappointed here at the Lyndhurst Park Hotel and will use your feedback as part of our continual improvement programme. The Hotel has had a recent change in ownership and that there is a planned investment strategy by the new owners, we are currently working through a program of redecoration and refurbishment to the hotel, which I know will greatly enhance our product.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your battered fish. I will speak to the kitchen team about this, as we do not use frozen fish and we do batter them ourselves.

Once again thank you for your review.

Simon

Been to Lyndhurst Park Hotel? Share your experiences!