“Absolutely stunning!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lime Wood Hotel

You added Lime Wood Hotel to your Saves list
Lime Wood Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beaulieu Road, Lyndhurst, New Forest National Park SO43 7FZ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Absolutely stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is by far my favourite place to spa in the south of England. The hotel room was gorgeous and the Herb House spa was beautiful. The staff are polite and helpful, the food is great, the location is stunning - I love it here. We stayed as part of a Sunday night spa-package and the value was Really very good. Add to it the cost of dinner, but it's worth it I assure you! The treatment I had was wonderful and the sauna is gorgeous! My only suggestion is the addition of tea and coffee making facilities in the room, then would be so, so lush. This really is a wonderful place and if you get the chance to go (lucky things!!) you won't be disappointed. Don't risk your money by going anywhere else, a day here feels like heaven - seriously, I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had the most wonderful stay at Lime Wood, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was fantastic and like i said in the title, Massimilianos Bloody Marys were the best we have every tried!

We really can't recomend Lime Wood enough for a perfect weekend away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Winchester, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I took my wife to Limewood for lunch on Mother's Day. Very warm welcome when we arrived and shown to a table in the bar. Service was very attentive. After pre-lunch drinks we were shown through to our table in the restaurant and selected from the menu there. Lots of choice even though a very busy day and not too expensive. Service was very good as was the food. Will definitely return but will probably choose a less popular day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch in the restaurant restaurant today. From the time you park your car until its time to leave the professional attentive service is second to none. The staff were extremely knowledgable of everything on the menu and wine list. The food was exceptional, I would highly recommend the pigs cheeks. Definitely on my list to return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Porthcawl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked our two night Foodie package as an anniversary treat and that is what it was. We were made welcome from the moment we arrived and this continued throughout our stay. The hotel is in lovely surroundings and we were lucky to have glorious spring sunshine this enhanced the whole experience. However I'm sure whatever the weather we would have enjoyed ourselves. The furnishings are are an eclectic mix which were smart, comfortable and interesting. There were many pieces of art, books etc which you could spend time perusing. We stayed in one of the spacious rooms in The Crescent.This was both spacious and comfortable with plenty of little touches to make it a 5 star stay. The bathroom had underfloor heating a huge shower and free standing roll top bath. The fire was laid ready to light and you could ring for a member of staff to light for you. My husband did this himself while we enjoyed a glass of champagne. Only one problem it became quite smokey in the room and we did feel at one point as if we'd come from The Smokehouse in the hotel grounds! We used the spa facilities which again are well designed and in pleasing surroundings. A great way to relax and unwind or keep fit whichever your preference. We had dinner both evenings and staff were friendly and happy to help. The menu was ok although we found a lot of the food quite salty for our taste, we did not mention this at the time. We had breakfast in the main dining room one morning as they were using the scullery for filming, not a problem. The next day we were in The Scullery and enjoyed our food there. We also visited their sister hotel The Pig and had a light lunch there which was very enjoyable. Overall we would definitely recommend this hotel as a five star luxury break.

Room Tip: The spacious room lived up to our expectations Comfortable with luxurious touches. We were in The Cr...
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this as a surprise for my husband's birthday and just the one night. We were blessed with perfect weather and the welcome we received at Lime Wood was really lovely. We enjoyed a cream tea in the central lounge/bar area and then later on in the early-evening my husband had a relaxing massage treatment in the Herb Garden Spa. Just worth a note here......if you are thinking of having a treatment at the Spa and have only one day at Lime Wood, as we did, then do book well ahead at the Spa as they were only able to book one of us in which was a shame as we'd planned to just have one indulgent treatment each! This spa is really superb - beautifully laid-out and so relaxing.We are not normally very interested in Spas but could honestly have spent hours in here having treatments, swimming and relaxing.

Dinner was great - really delicious and very much enjoyed. We had the 'Foodie' package of DB&B and this suited us well.

Breakfast the next morning in the Scullery was lovely. The restaurant staff all brilliant! We found them so attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We so appreciated the hotel's long breakfast serving times as we were able to have an early morning swim, and use the hydrotherapy pool and jacuzzi before our leisurely breakfast in The Scullery. Eggs Florentine were spot-on! Fabulous! Lovely choices too!

We did ask to see the outside rooms/suites just after we had checked-out, and a charming member of staff took us around two different grades of rooms.

I will be absolutely honest in saying that we were really disappointed with our Forest Suite (Room 9) in the main hotel. When we booked, we were told we were having an up-grade but going on the one 'Comfy Room' we saw afterwards, we thought the latter was superior!! That said, we did have a super-comfortable bed and beautiful linen. All the little touches like homemade fudge and other extras really added to the experience.

I am sure we will go again one day for a relaxing night away but we will definitely ask for an external Forest suite near the water feature or another suite in the more recently built accommodation.

Room Tip: Think I would say go 'Comfy' or ask for one of the newer built rooms/suites outside in the g...
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

On the face of it, this place is gorgeous. It's an immaculate ex-country house beautifully converted into a plush hotel with assorted adjoining buildings and a spa. I took my wife for her birthday and spent a total of £296 for a couple of spa treatments and lunch for two. I loitered around in a lovely ground floor 'morning room' drinking coffee and reading whilst my wife was in the spa. We later walked into the restaurant...2 mains and 2 puds + a bottle of their cheapest Champagne came in at £121 - service already included. The quality of the furnishings and design is fabulous; the food tasted delicious. There is a but. I'm not sure I'd go back. The portions of food, whilst glorious to look at were simply tiny and I was irritated by the simply massive range of expensive alcoholic drinks presumably designed to sozzle you into not noticing the restaurant prices. OK fair enough, its an expensive, snazzy place and there is an air of real decadence. The thing is; its pretentious and demure; I felt the staff lacked vitality, cheer and joy. The place was super-efficient and the staff are well-trained but bland-faced and aloof. Some of the young waiting staff seem terrified about doing the right thing. They also did that hideous thing where your bottle is taken away from the table and brought back when they felt glasses needed filling (our Champagne was warm and needed to be sent back in any event).I can't think of the best way to sum the place up except to say - its gorgeous; its pricey and it's up it's own *****. If you're happy to look at other stuffy guests fussing over newspapers with suede loafers and frowns...then go for it. OK I might go back for afternoon tea...that did look fantastic as we passed a couple on the way out...but I'd be hoping for a more friendlier ambience reflected in a few smiles and some more appropriate background music other than moody club lounge grunge stuff in the middle of the day. Limewood shouldn't think that its a privelage for customers to 'join' them in their demure state - be more relaxed about your fabulous place and try smiling. I ought to give this place 5 points but can't.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lime Wood Hotel? Share your experiences!