“Outdoor Dining” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bognor Regis
“Outdoor Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We popped in here for a drink last Saturday as we were down for the weekend and the seating area out the front of the pub was lovely with bench tables and planters with flowers around the edge and around the doors and windows of the pub. The table to the left of the doors seemed to be being besieged with wasps and we just put it down do being close to the planters. We were sat next to the row of conifers and didn't seem to be bothered by them. We decided to return for sunday lunch the next day and took our seats to the far right of the seating area, below the window to the toilets not that that bothered us!! My husband and children went to get their carvery while I stayed with the dogs (the reason we were sitting outside) and then on their return I went to get mine. We were then set upon by dozens of wasps which would not leave us alone and in the end spoiled a very delicious dinner as the wasps kept landing on our food and we could not eat it.

There were no wasp traps or fake wasp nests anywhere to be seen and I feel that the Landlord could have done more to stop patrons being bothered by the wasps. I know that flowers attract wasps and bees and the pub did look lovely but a fake wasps nest would deter the wasps and everyone would be able to enjoy their meal or drink in peace.

I would go back as the food was delicious and kids under 10 were able to eat a carvery for free but would have to eat inside next time but as it is a popular venue that might be a bit tricky.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lunch was great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had Lucy here lovely garden. There was a mistake on food but was quickly rectified and money discounted which was lovely and customer service as it should be.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised by lovely garden but disgusting food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here on 31 July. Found the rear garden to be delightful and because of that we thought what pleasant surroundings it would be to have our dinner, so that's what we did and that's where it all went wrong. Instead of have the 'meal deal' which was a cheap deal for two meals purchased together we 'upgraded' to the standard menu. I had the cheese burger and my wife had the scampi and both were awful. My burger was so thin and overcooked it was like a bit of tasteless rubber and my wifes scampi had the most tinyest morsels of scampi inside it was disgraceful. There were chips on both meals which were terribly overcooked and chewy. We both did not eat our meals and although there was no table check done, when eventually our plates were cleared the waitress asked if everything was ok? To which we replied "no, as you can see we've not eaten the meals as they were awful" She said "ok, I will let the manager know and send her over". We sat there for a further 15 minutes whilst we finished our drinks but nobody came to address our complaint. We go out a lot and I can honestly say this is one of the worst pub meal experiences I've ever had. Also, customer service skills are non-existent and in my opinion 'avoid'. There are many pubs across the country that have closed the doors for the last time and unless this one improves substantially I would expect this to follow many others that were just NOT good enough.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
South East
“Traditional Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is right in the middle of town and looks like a traditional pub should with lovely flowers round the front door and a good choice on the menu with many choices at 2 for £12. Served a decent pint and service was good. Certainly worth a visit in our view.

Visited July 2013
Ellon
“Heatwave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband enjoyed the choice of beer. Service was very good and you could eat inside or out in beer garden.

Visited July 2013