“Great Food...Welcome needs improvement!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Great Food...Welcome needs improvement!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ate here with my wife on Monday evening for my Birthday.

There were 3 or 4 other tables occupied when we arrived at 7.30pm and nobody in the bar. We announced ourselves to the barman (one of the owners) and was then left in limbo. Nobody offered to take our coats so we hung them up ourselves then we stood around waiting to be shown to our table while the two staff members just looked at us. Eventually we started walking towards a table and the young waitress finally escorted us!
My wife started with the homemade soup followed by a fillet steak and I had the pate followed by a steak. Both were cooked to perfection as you would expect in a French restaurant. My wife had a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and I had a couple of large glasses of Merlot, which was great for a house wine.
I opted for the French cheeseboard which was huge with 6 different cheeses and came with both crackers and scrummy home made french bread. My wife had apple tart which she said was lovely, although a tad sweet for her liking. A couple of coffees to round off the evening and we were the last ones to leave at 10pm after parting with £120. Not on the cheap side...but the food is well worth it for a special occasion.
They just need to sort out their welcome, as it makes all the difference on arrival.

Visited March 2014

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to making this our "local"!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ok, so some of the French accents are a bit over the top but its a lovely, warm place to eat, drink and relax. The food is great and it has a lovely atmosphere. We are opening an office about 50 yards away soon so we will be regulars. Can't wait!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“A good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Eight friends on a Saturday night - the food and service were very good. The place was full, so obviously other people feel the same way. Whether it is authentically French or not is a matter of conjecture and wasn't high on the list of my priorities. I certainly enjoyed my experience and will visit again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stockbridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We visited La Parisienne for the first time last Friday evening but will not make the same mistake again. This is in no way an authentic French restaurant and I suggest that anyone wanting to experience proper French cuisine locally would do far better to try the Clos de Marquis near Stockbridge. Whilst the smoked salmon starter was quite acceptable the accompaniment of chips and broccoli to steak covered in a 'pepper sauce' was not in the least bit French. There was extreme penny pinching exhibited in the extra charge for bread, and not even an After Eight, let alone petit fours with coffee. Not really any better than a "Harvester" but several times more expensive!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wrexham
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Saturday lunch was excellent, as the food always is at La Parisienne. This busy bistro is certainly worth a visit, it really is authentically French right down to the waiting staff all appearing to be from there! We had the set lunch menu (about £19) which was excellent. The place is busy and noisy - just like a popular bistro should be. I would certainly recommend this place - but book first as it fills up quickly.

• Visited February 2014