“Birthday lunch with the family” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Petersfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Coffee Shop, English, Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small bistro/cafe in a small courtyard - semi hidden - off Petersfield High Street.With a walled garden and courtyard seating. Monoloco starts the day serving breakfast then on to a lunch menu with daily home cooked specials.In the evening Monoloco changes into a steakhouse where you can have sizzling steaks,tuna or salmon cooked on a hot lava stone to your liking.
Isle of Wight
“Birthday lunch with the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

An efficient booking service, table with highchair was awaiting us as requested, the food was amazing and excellent value for money, and the service was very fast and friendly! 5* experience - thank you very much!
Highly recommend!!

Visited February 2013
monolocouk, Manager at Monoloco, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Absolute pleasure and glad you guys enjoyed it! Thanks for the kind review and please come again.

Thanks again.

Hindhead, United Kingdom
“Super lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A small, simple cafe/restaurant in a quiet corner, within a stone's throw of the High Street; excellent unobtrusive service and a menu of lovely 'home prepared' fresh food, catering for all tastes. I had a delicious 10 bean cassoulet, served with a beautifully dressed salad. My husband had stilton soup, game pate and bread, again served with a lovely salad. The food was excellent and plentiful and the service unhurried. All for a flat rate of £8 per head. The best value we've had for a while!

(If you are planning a visit, please note that they do not accept cards - cash only.)

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thanks for the uplifting review, comes at a time we needed it when faced with corporate competition and this weather! Support your independant cafes and bistro's before they go and you're left with frozen pinged out rubbish..

Thanks again for taking the time to review us and the support.

West Sussex
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Having read all the positive reports about Monoloco and now visited, I will certainly be spreading the good word. A friendly welcome with an interesting menu and something for everyone. So many of the choices sounded yummy. The food was excellent and complimented by professional and friendly service. I had the homemade burger which was full of flavour and on a wonderful salad. Thank you Monoloco and I look forward to visiting you again very soon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hi and thanks kindly for reviewing us and speading the word. Come back soon!

Happy New Year and take care

“Consistently good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We first found Monoloco a year ago and as we Petersfield is over half an hour from home we don't get to visit as often as we like but if we're in the area a meal at Mono is a must (try saying that quickly after a few beers!). Each visit is as welcoming as the last and the food is consistently good quality. If you manage to get to visit Monoloco, prepare yourself for a treat!

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Mr Mappers - we salute you! Thanks very much for reviewing us without reminding me that I'm "unbelievably rude". Come soon you ^%$£$"£!

Happy new year :-)

Vienna, Austria
“Why did I not come sooner?!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We finally came in on a whim a few days ago and I must say I was more than pleasently surprised. I'm a littlle fussy at the best of times so I was thrilled to find more than two things on the menu I'd happily order. I settled on the tandoori chicken on salad and it was lush. Perfectly seasoned and the salad was lush!! not just a few sad leaves on the side as is so often the case in some places. My only point of critique is the portion size - almost too generous. It was almost painful to have to leave some.
All in all: a definite addition to my favourites list and I'll certainly be back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to review us and so kindly. Look forward to seeing you again. Happy New Year!