“Warm and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Maple Inn

The Maple Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersfield
The Maple Inn
You added The Maple Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1 Petersfield Road | Burtiton, Petersfield GU31 5SW, England (Formerly Master Robert Inn)   |
Ranked #21 of 24 Petersfield B&B and Inns
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Warm and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ive visited this pub on several occasions, mainly at lunch time.The landlord is very friendly and chatty and gives a good service.the food has always been good especially the chips, We sometimes visit the Queens Elizabeth Country park and then walk through the forest tp the pub for a couple of drinks and lunch,however the hill back to the country park can be a bit of a killer after lunch

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Buriton was just over half way round a circular walk we were doing and the planned lunch stop. I hadn't researched the pubs here but the Maple Inn was the first we came across and as it looked nice on the outside we decided to order a drink and see what we thought... Leaving half of the party outside (we were REALLY muddy) I received a warm welcome from the staff and locals. The bitter was good and although they only serve a normal coffee it must have been good because it lasted milliseconds!
We were told we could sit inside as there was an uncarpeted area so we ordered food and enjoyed a second drink. The food was tasty - a gourmet burger, sausage and mash and seafood platter. The staff got the balance of attentiveness just right. Turns out the owner has three pubs near to where we live so we will be trying at least one of them out soon!
Your staff do you proud!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wallingford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a smashing pub.the surrounding country is outstanding and the village picturesque. The room was very clean and quiet for a pub, the bed was very comfortable. The food excellent especially the breakfast. The staff were very friendly. We hope to return when there's not snow on the ground !

Room Tip: Had a bath and not shower but knew this at the time of booking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The new owners have truly worked wonders here. The pub and bedrooms are immaculate and very cosy. The food menu offers outstanding value and superb quality. Teamed with friendly and helpful staff, the villagers of Buriton are truly spoilt with this fantastic local. I only wish I lived in the area! I will definetly be visiting again over the Goodwood weekend next year. Keep up the good work folks!

• Stayed December 2012
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently stayed in the hotel on a trip to visit family in Hampshire. I'm not from the area but found the establishment very welcoming. The hotel is pleasent and quiet and the staff were dilligent to my needs during my stay. The room was clean and cheap. I liked the feel you got when you walked in as if you were a local. Lovely decorated to reflect the quiant village. As a keen walker looking to explore the Downs in warmer weather, I will definitely be re-visiting.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side are alot lighter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the maple in on the 1st of December 2012. It has recently been taken over by new owners.. Me and my partner were pleasantly surprised to find a welcoming pub with helpful staff. Rooms were clean and the bed was very comfy! When we woke in the morning we went for a walk around the picturesque village to find a beautiful duck pond and seating. Brilliant pub, brilliant place to stay and lovely people in and around the village! Will definately be going back to try there food! Well worth a try!

• Stayed December 2012
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I tell you what I stayed at the weekend, rooms were very comfortable staff very nice and the menu and food was outstanding. My wife and I spent the weekend, fantastic walks and the most gorgeous village location

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Maple Inn? Share your experiences!