“Kids Western Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burley-Villa School of Riding

Burley-Villa School of Riding
Bashley Common Road, New Milton, New Forest, Hampshire, New Milton BH25 5SQ, England
01425 610278
Activities: Horseback riding
Berkshire
“Kids Western Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was an excellent day out, daughter and her friend loved it. Friendly helpful staff, great little ranch house. Lots of time of on horseback. Great value and a great experience for the kids.

Visited April 2013

Rochdale, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
“Children Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We found this place by chance whilst on holiday with my parents , and my children had their first introduction to pony riding, which they loved. As they were younger and not experienced, the activity which they did involved riding their pony around the arena and then a little walk out on it, being led.
The next year we returned, and when I booked I had mentioned the names of the ponies which they had previously ridden, they were ( as was I) delighted to find when we got there, that they had the same ponies as the previous year Gypsy and Honey. This time they both went on the experience which involved them getting used to their ponies by walking in a paddock and then taking them out into the forest. My son who was 8 was led as he was slightly wary of things, but my daughter loved the independence of riding her own pony ( albeit in a line of other people ranging from other children through to novice adults).

We waited for them to return and as it was a lovely day, we sat outside their " Ranch". There was western music gently playing and inside the Ranch you can make yourself a hot drink or juice and there is a pot for you to pop some pennies in to contribute towards the drinks fund. We sat outside watching the other horses and enjoying the environment.

The instructors were great and extremely patient and understanding. My son had just sat on his horse and they were seeing to someone else, when his pony decided to take a step forward, it wasn't going anywhere, but it shook up my son and made him cry, but he was soon put back at ease by the staff.

We are going back again this year and this time I think my partner is planning on having a go too - he has a long felt want to be a Cowboy.

It's a lovely place, the staff are great and the setting is ideal - if you are in the area, I would thoroughly recommend you visiting in or looking it up online and pre-booking as they do seem to get booked up quite quickly.

Visited August 2012
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
“fab afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had a great time last sat on the intro to horse riding, great instructor Charlie - very patient and a great character - thank you. First time on a horse, and allowed for our very novice experience. Lovely horses - Buster and Hawk - and super time trekking over the new forest with the wild ponies. Would we recommend - oh yes!

Littlehampton
“Just Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Western Adventure day was a birthday gift, and what a gift. The yard / ranch was very neat and tidy. the staff friendly and inredicbly helpful and the food was delicious and plentiful. The initial lesson was really informative and it has made me see horsemanship in a new, more natural, light. After a hot lunch of steak, beans, corn and jacket potato it was off on a two hour ride through stunning scenary then back to more hot coffee and sweet treats. The best bit of the whole day was being with your horse, mine was Concho; all of the horses were well behaved and kind to us. Such a brilliant experience, I learnt a lot!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic riding experience, can't wait to go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wanted to do something a little different for my friends Hen Party and this was perfect. Everything from the second we arrived was organised well, all the staff were very friendly, welcoming and efficient. I particularly wanted to ride a piebald and this was no problem.
We had a two hour hack out western style riding in beautiful countryside. All the horses were fabulously well behaved and the ride leaders made us feel safe. Great even for a novice.
We had steak, jacket potato, beans and corn waiting for us on our return. The food was really well cooked and tasty and completed the western theme perfectly.
We all agreed that we didn't want to leave our gorgeous horses and that we would definitely go back to do the day experience. Highly recommended.