We have just returned from an overnight stay at the hotel, with a 7 course complimentary tasting menu (which actually said 6 course on the menu). We had lunched here last October and really wanted to go back and spend more time there and stay. Wish we had booked 2 nights now as didn't want to leave!! The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The hotel and grounds are very good. Staff on arrival/departure were excellent and we were taken to room for the check-in by a very professional gentlemen, he also arranged for a tea tray to be brought up for us. I had put down that it was a celebration for our 40th wedding anniversary and as we booked via another company had a complimentary 1/2 bottle of champagne in the room on arrival. There wasn't really any acknowledgement by the hotel themselves though. I had asked if there was a balcony or terrace room ( as the weather was nice) but there wasn't one available until 5.00 so we said we would stay where we were. We had a nice view over the croquet lawn. The bathroom was huge. Our friends arrived just after us and they had a larger room allocated with balcony, sod's law as my dad would have said especially as it was our celebration and we had been asked for information when booking if we were there for any special occasion! Spa and pool area great with lots of lovely clean towels. Spa pool excellent. Lovely, very alcoholic cocktails before dinner and we were not rushed as we went over our booked time for the restaurant. The food was very good and we were offered bread and water all the time. The wine was good too and quite reasonable priced. We retired to the lounge for coffee and chocolates but we did wait quite a while for that unfortunately with 2 members of staff coming in before we actually received it - they did bring us 2 lots of chocolates though!
Breakfast was an amazing choice but just slightly let down as we had to ask twice for toast and when it was bought to us there was no acknowledgment of this just "here is your toast" and our cooked breakfast was almost eaten. I think that this was a little remiss considering the other excellent service we had received and it wasn't a "junior" member of staff who took our order.
All in all it was enjoyable and mainly lived up to our expectations, next time I might be a bit wiser as we definitely would like to return, perhaps making it an annual event in the words or our friends!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire, UK