“EXCELLENT RELAXATION CHILL OUT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Spa   |   Portsmouth Road, Liphook GU30 7JQ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liphook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT RELAXATION CHILL OUT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My daughter and I recently visited Champneys at Forest Mere. We had a wonderful 24 hours there. Relaxation, good swimming, excellent treatments, facial, massage, thassoltherapy and steam mud experience. The staff were gave exemplary service and were very attentive. The therapists were very welcoming and made the treatments that much more special. I would thoroughly recommend it and I will certainly go again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Instead of exchanging birthday presents a friend and I always spend a day at Forest Mere together instead. The setting is fantastic in beautiful grounds with a spectacular lake with all sort of wild fowl. This year was very relaxing as we had some wonderful treatments: a personalised facial and a spa heaven cocoon both lasting 55 minutes. The lunch was delicious with lots of choice from the buffet. The swimming pool is excellent and never very busy. Thalassotherapy is very invigorating and very enjoyable. Tip: wear a one piece as a bikini could be problematic with the water jets! Unfortunately the steam room was out of action but we enjoyed the sauna. There are so many classes available that it pays to take time and plan out your day on the timetable to do the things you want to do most. The spa reception desk are very good at changing the scheduled times of treatments to fit in with what you want to do. Best to do as soon as you arrive. Can't wait for our birthday treat next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a really lovely, restful place, set on a beautiful lake surrounded by forest. I went with my Mum and a friend and her Mum. They'd been several times, but this was our first trip, and we loved it - just didn't want to leave! There's really something for everyone - my friend took a Zumba class, her Mum did Nordic walking, my Mum went to the pool and sauna, and I took a walk in the forest, then curled up in a bay overlooking ithe lake with a book and a cup of tea. Included in our stay was a Thalassotherapy session (wonderful) and a massage and facial - just so relaxing. The attention to detail is great – even the bed you lie on is heated. The food's fantastic - I really didn't know what to expect, and was dreading health farm type stuff, but it's all delicious, beautifully presented and healthy. Also - the wine's really reasonably priced. The hotel gave us a £10 off voucher on arrival, and with that, and the good prices, we had champagne both nights! If you’re looking for a complete unwind in lovely, peaceful surroundings, then go!

Room Tip: Superior rooms face the lake, so have a better view (ours was on the ground floor, and had a table a...
Lechlade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here during the weekend of the Goodwood Revival as something of a last minute booking when other arrangements 'blew up'. I didn't really know anything about Champneys' resorts (much to my husband's amusement) and still less about spas of any variety, so I was completely gob-smacked at the sight of guests eating their breakfast in their robes (we weren't even allowed to do that at school!).

However, for purely hotel users, this was a really nice place with charming, flexible staff and excellent food. Everything was clean and well-presented and our room spacious, comfortable with a decent large bed. We're not TV watchers and so when the neighbours' Coronation Street proved a bit loud and we requested an alternative room this was quickly provided without fuss. Rooms 1 & 2 were both ground floor with French doors opening onto a quad with lawns and a semi-private mini-seating area - unfortunately it was rainy during our stay but his would have been a nice spot for an aperitif or morning coffee.

Much of what is on offer here - large grounds for walking/cycling, birdwatching, golf nearby and of course the spa with numerous treatments - was lost on us as we were speeding off to watch the racing. However it all looked lovely and undoubtedly a good way to spend daytimes.

Although this was a last minute booking the accommodation was still rather expensive but the food (dinner on two nights) was very good value and very well-cooked. We probably wouldn't stay again but it is easy to see why guests make this a destination for a birthday or hen party treat.

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe/superior room in order to have a larger bed as we cannot sleep comfortably in a d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My daughter and I recently had a great "Relax day" visit to Champneys at Forest Mere in Liphook. We started with the gym, then swam, aqua mitt class - great fun and good workout in the large pool. Then into the thalassotherapy pool for some lovely therapeutic jets. Lunch-well not carrot juice only at Champneys-oh no. Some fabulous salads to start with followed by the cooked selection and then sweet. You are invited to go up and replenish your plate as often as you like! The food is of a very high standard as is the service in the restaurant-and come to that- in all of the beautiful house.

Our day continued with a "Head in the Clouds" head massage - absolutely out of this world! My therapist gave my head, neck and shoulders a fabulous "workout". My daughter and I then went out for a bike ride in the lovely grounds of Forest Mere. As usual we got a bit lost but that all adds to the fun of the day. It all sounds very busy but believe me we felt very relaxed at the end of the day. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, the facilities and the surroundings. Roll on our next visit in the next few months.

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wonderful,wonderful place to unwind.Spent two and a half days with my very best friend at Forest Meres,our second visit this year.We usually have one treat a year but in 2012 my friends husband had a very serious accident the day before we were due to relax.The Spa was notified were extremely helpful and considerate and our booking was placed on hold.Thankfully our friend is now on the road to recovery and we have just returned from days of bliss.Facilities are perfect for the active and those who wish to just chill out and the 'cuisine is to die for'.The experience is all'' topped off' '' with excellent genuinely friendly service.Roll on 2014's visit!!

Room Tip: Have occupied various rooms ...all are extremely comfortable and fellow relaxers are always very con...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a 2 night (Monday-Weds) package at Champneys on a great deal through my work healthcare plan. Package included accommodation, meals, a Thalassotherapy session, 25 minute massage and 25 minute facial, plus access to all the spa facilities/fitness classes etc.

Check in was easy and there was no queue when I arrived around 2:30pm. My Superior room was great, nice and warm (good when you're spending most of your time in a swim suit and robe!) and I had two single beds joined together so the bed was huge. I had a juliet balcony looking out over the courtyard area between the buildings.

I had booked some additional treatments -Indian head massage, Champneys Spa Heaven Cocoon and a pedicure. All the spa staff were great and the treatments were very relaxing. I nearly fell asleep during the head massage. On arrival you are given the name of a waiting area which is where you go and wait for each of your spa treatments (apart from the thalassotherapy pool) so you only have to find your way to one place and the therapists come to collect you.

Food was much better than I had expected (I was worried it would be all rabbit food!) great selection for lunch and the dinner menu had several decent options and I never left feeling hungry. Breakfast buffet is mostly cereals, fruit and toast but you can order extras for an additional cost. You get bottled water with meals and can order other drinks at extra cost if desired (wine is only served with meals which is probably good when you're trying to detox like I was!) They have a table set aside each evening for people staying on their own who want to meet other people, but there's no problem getting a table on your own if you're feeling antisocial like me ;-)

I tried out a couple of exercise classes (discovered I can't hula hoop for toffee but enjoyed trying!) which I had no trouble booking on the day. Pool, saunas and steam room were great, sadly it was a little chilly to try out the outdoor pool but it looked lovely! Only thing I would say is to watch out for the lockers in the pool changing rooms - they work on a pin code system but it doesn't always work so you have to find a member of staff to help you get into your locker! There's always someone around to help but it is a little frustrating.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the spa and returned home feeling refreshed and pampered. Hoping I can squeeze in a return trip sometime soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Champneys Forest Mere? Share your experiences!