The Old Thorns is owned by a couple of guys who are clearly investing heavily in their hotel.
I have no complaints about the refurb - all hotels struggle with managing contractor time on site, and it appears that they are currently reducing the rack rate by 10- 15% while the work is going on. But they may be riding out the storm of complaints until the paint is dry, imagining that it will stop when the refurb is complete.
Groups of golfers may have a better overall experience if the owners are focussed on the golf rather than designing and overseeing the best experience for hotel-only guests.
We and around 30 friends booked accommodation here for our wedding night and though we didn't experience the worst of the staff attitude seen in other reviews - the service was still exceptionally bad compared to other similarly priced hotels.
Though my fiancé had been assured that we would get a particular room the one we'd booked - when we came to check in, it had been given to someone else. Getting served at the bar was a near impossible task with certain staff telling us they couldn’t serve us as they were only able to serve in a certain bar, long waits; and our guests each had stories of rude / uncommunicative management, room service unavailable, and not getting the twin or double room they had booked.
We felt sorry for the staff though - the owners have instigated a series of baffling rules and procedures: published rules aimed at squeezing as much from guests as possible such as £5 for replenishment of tea and coffee and a £500 fine for consuming your own drink on site (in 20 years of travelling the world I've not come across that one before - who carries booze into a hotel? And if they do, does it really matter?). Behind the scenes there appear to be Fawlty-esque customer management procedures that the staff have to stick to, that clearly disappoint and dismay guests when things go wrong.
The great establishments you'll read in Tripadvisor are great because it comes from the very top. This could be a brilliant place, but the refurbishment won't make it so. The owners need to get rid of the baffling rules, treat their customers like they would their friends, train thier management and staff and empower them to make decisions on the spot to please and delight their customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 400 acres of Hampshire countryside the Old Thorns Manor Hotel in Hampshire is the ideal place to explore the region. With our Peter Alliss designed golf course golfers and non golfers alike enjoy the rolling green landscape along with state of the art facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire