It is the day after our wedding at Old Thorns and we have to write down what an utterly fantastic time we had. Mainly down to the professionalism of the staff and in particular Stewart who was outstanding. To set the scene, we chose this venue 1 year ago and have been back frequently over the months to watch the changes to this hotel unfold. At times there was trepidation as to what new building or decor would spring up next but we need not have worried. This place just keeps getting better on every visit! The staff have been absolutely wonderful throughout the past year and made us feel so welcome. I cannot speak highly enough about them all. Some of the room bookings went a little awry on the day but it was dealt with swiftly and professionally and nothing was too much trouble i.e. adding in extra beds and extra towels, room service etc. The food was fantastic (compliments to the chef, who sat down with us personally to help us chose the menu a few months prior) and everyone commented on the quality and amount of food provided. For our photos we were taken out of a golf buggy to view the most amazing scenery. All-in-all an incredibly professional and well organised day from start to finish. I just want to say thank you to a few people in particular; Diane - for looking after me both mornings, the big hugs and being as cool as a cucumber. Donna - for everything leading up to the day. Nothing was too much trouble and she had so many great ideas. James - for the wine tasting and the chatter. Ashley - for running such a great venue and taking the time to talk to us every time we visited! And finally - last but not least - Stewart who was absolutely brilliant. I've never been so well looked after in my life - I felt like a princess and he was an absolute superstar and such a professional. He is a true asset to the hotel and we cannot thank him enough for ensuring everything went so smoothly. Again, we had such a great day and we are now quite sad now not to be going back! Thank you Old Thorns!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 400 acres of Hampshire countryside the Old Thorns Manor Hotel in Hampshire is the ideal place to explore the region. With our Peter Alliss designed golf course golfers and non golfers alike enjoy the rolling green landscape along with state of the art facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire