“A Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sussex
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Unexpectedly I needed to stay over in Andover on business and found Essebourne Manor on Laterooms.com - What a fantastic find. A lovely country house situated around 6 miles North of Andover. Its a family run hotel, and that is really evident in the customer care and service I received. The rooms are well appointed with some nice touches....Complimentary mineral water filtered and purified from the Manors own well, some home made biscuits.
And the best bit for me, being a bit of a foodie - The restaurant was 110%. The chef must have trained with a Michelin Starred mentor at some point. How the restaurant hasn't got a Michelin star I do not know - Essebourne Manor, Well; done, a great stay over

Room Tip: All the rooms looked quite fantastic
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I Spent two nights here late July 13 for our Wedding Anniversary we found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating nothing we asked for was too much trouble they put a bottle of our own champagne on ice for us .
we had booked a deal to include afternoon tea one dinner and breakfast on both mornings
all was to a very high standard .
situated in lovely grounds very peaceful.
room was a decent size and had a big bathroom a choice of newspaper was left outside our door on both mornings we took breakfast in bed on the first morning which was very nice and no trouble very good choice of food.
room was left spotless after first night once we had left for the day
if you are not eating here you must try The Yew tree pub about 10 mins drive Fantastic food there.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a deluxe room fro £20 a night which was very large
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lovely hotel in well-kept grounds in a lovely location. Comfortable rooms nicely decorated with a modern bathroom. Great food and reasonably priced. Had a very pleasant stay here and Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I went to Esseborne Manor with the intention of booking it for a wedding. The exterior looks like it needs a lick of paint but it is a beautiful building in a lovely setting. I phoned beforehand to organise a meeting to discuss wedding packages. The man I spoke to was very friendly and professional. I arrived a little early for the meeting, I was excited to see my first wedding venue. I spoke to the young man at the counter who sent me to sit in a small room behind reception, I was not offered any form of refreshment or anything to read. I sat in that room by myself for well over half an hour as I watched the man I was supposed to be meeting walking back and forth and making phone calls, I eventually went out and reminded him I was there, I was waved back into the room. Once he eventually arrived I was shown around the large ballroom and taken to see the honeymoon suite, both were wonderful. After a rather hurried tour I was ushered out, still having been offered no form of refreshment. I told my fiance that I liked the venue so we decided to pop over there for afternoon tea before we booked it. We arrived and it was obvious that the restaurant was very busy. I politely asked if it would be possible for us to have tea, even if we had to wait. The same man who I had previously met was very rude and rolled his eyes at us and said they were too busy. As we drove away we resolved not to have our wedding at this venue, I have never been treated with so little respect at a hotel. We have taken our wedding, which would have booked out the whole hotel, elsewhere. The place is beautiful, the customer service is pathetic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed with friends for one night last week it was wonderful.
Our room was huge with a massive Jacuzzi bath and fantastic shower with lots of jets.
The service was great as was the food which it would be very difficult to fault.
The grounds are lovely shame the weather wasn't the same.
Highly recommend this hotel it was a dream come true.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We bought this deal on Travel Zoo as it sounded idyllic and it was. The staff were very welcoming and showed us to our lovely big four poster bedroom with a Jacuzzi bath. Once we had settled in we enjoyed tea with a warm scone, clotted cream and jam. We had a glass of champagne in the lounge prior to enjoying the excellent 7 course tasting menu. We can thoroughly recommend this menu, all courses were beautifully prepared and tasted great, we accompanied this menu with the very reasonably priced flight of wines the hotel have chosen and were pleasantly surprised. We had a peaceful night with only the bird song in the morning to disturb us. Breakfast was good too.
We hope to return later this year to enjoy the summer tasting menu.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here on a Travelzoo special offer deal; just amazing value!
The grounds are lovely and it was such a pity that the weather was so bad that we couldn't really explore them. However our stay was a delight despite the weather! Our room in the main building was lovely with a four poster bed and lovely bathroom with jacuzzi bath, fantastic shower pressure too which is always a plus!
Nice touches included bottled water, generous tea and coffee facilities and home made shortbread.
The seven course tasting dinner was a feast for the eyes as well as a delight to the taste buds, every course beautifully presented and each one perfect. The "tasting menu" of accompanying wines was astonishingly reasonably priced at £15 per person and was truly excellent as well.
Breakfast was excellent too with all fresh local produce and the service throughout our stay was exemplary.
We will definitely return to this absolute gem of a hotel as soon as possible!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Esseborne Manor? Share your experiences!