“Clean Hotel but indifferent staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Havant
Chester, United Kingdom
“Clean Hotel but indifferent staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We weren't made welcome by the receptionist - Nicki, there was no hello or welcome, just asked what name the booking was.
The room was clean, quiet and we had a good nights sleep.
Didn't bother with Breakfast as it seemed very busy in the pub!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Staff very friendly and room clean and spacious - even with three children. Even though our room was near the main road it was still very quiet and didn't disturb us at all. Restaurant next door was great. They put us in a booth all on our own so the children didn't get in anyone's way and the food was good. Nothing was too much trouble. I'd definitely recommend. We only stayed there as we were due to take the ferry the next morning so don't know what there may be to do locally.

Neyland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Brilliant staff, excellent room and will definitely stay again, I was allowed to check in at 08:00 without any questions. Even though there was a large extension build in progress, parking was no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Premier Inn for one night on business. Little tricky to find the entrance so as you come off the A3 you turn into a little side road and double back on yourself. I didn't get there until 9pm so the car park was full and I had to park in the adjoining pub car park. If this happens its a fairly steep hill climb please note, although there are 3 disabled bays right outside the hotel reception. As always the greeting was professional and friendly and I was checked in quickly. One thing I really appreciate as a lone female is the care and attention the Premier Inn pay to this, very discretely telling you your room number and always giving you a room on a higher floor or away from the main entrance. Another pleasant surprise is that the Beefeater grill serves food until 10pm which is very handy when you're travelling late.

The food at the Beefeater was typical chain pub food but served quickly and nicely presented and again as I was on my own they took the time and care to seat me in a quieter part of the restaurant.

The room was standard Premier Inn - very clean and well laid out. Plenty of tea and coffee, a large flat screen TV, plenty of desk space, hangers etc. the bed as always was really comfy with a good choice of pillows. It was a hot night and I do think its time the premier inn invested in air conditioning because the desk fan provided really doesn't do the trick! I couldn't have the window open as it was next to the main road and very noisy. Having said that, the double sound proof window is very effective.

The bathroom was clean and pleasant with plenty of towels.

I always think the breakfast is over priced for what you get but as far as they go this was a nice one. Staff very pleasant and friendly. Plenty of choice on the cold buffet and hot food cooked to order. There were no vegetarian sausages when I ordered though which was rather disappointing.

All in all a good stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Northampton UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before taking our ferry across to the isle of wight, which I would highly
recommend doing, the staff at reception were helpful and friendly, we booked in with no fuss, but got to our room to find we were a bed down, as there were four of us , we went to reception and they had put is in the wrong room, so we moved to the correct room, we went out for the afternoon to the spinnaker tower,our night was a very warm one, and with only a gap of a window to open,we were very hot. I would in future never stay on the ground floor again, as the night progressed the noise from above was awful.the door slamming and general thumping about.after a restless night we went for breakfast which was not too bad, for four, 2 adults and 2 children it cost £16.50, eat what you like. the waitress was very nice. we did have a little moan about the noise from the above, but a sorry was all we got. We felt that the beds were a let down we all suffered with one ache or another after our restless sleep, thanks to the movers above.I just hope it wasn't Lenny Henry, as he never mentions the noise that carries through the place.

Room Tip: Never choose a ground floor if like me you need to open a window, as they never open fully, take a f...
Stockport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for one night in a very tiny family room and in my opinion far too small for purpose. To make matters worse the air con was faulty and there was no wi-fi connection available despite paying for it. I slept on what was I think the chaise lounge and all I could feel was the springs so not a good nights sleep for me. Staff were pleasant so cant fault them but all in all would not stay there again at the prices charged.

Room Tip: Stay at an updated premier inn
Larsmo, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel was good, the bed and room comfortable. The breakfast was also good. The location was after we found it the first time. Because of the hot weather and no air condition the room was too hot and we had trouble of sleeping since we had to have the window open and the noice from the traffic was bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Been to Premier Inn Portsmouth - Havant? Share your experiences!