“The Sunday buffet was good value” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Buffet
Ashford, United Kingdom
“The Sunday buffet was good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for the buffet and as one likes spicy and one doesnt we were pleasantly surprised that there was enough of both types of food for our tastes. Really enjoyed the food, the nan bread was soft and buttery, the basmati rice flavoursome and the selection of dishes had plenty of flavour. As good as any Indian restaurant and much better than most.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Hampshire UK
“Am I going to the wrong place?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

it is over a year since i last venured here and found the food to be very poor with tasetless produced chicken and stock sauces. Encouraged by neighbours and recent reviews here that the food is now better due to a new chef i ventured back for a take away to try it again.
My mistake... Chicken Madras consisted of several cubes of white aneamic chicken swimming in a bright orange sauce that had a few spices thrown in to make it look good. It was awful , really. The rice was passable, the nan like cardboard.
I can only assume that i went on a bad chef day as lots of recent reviews seem to rave on the quality of food.
I have drawn a line under Sufferin at the Saffron and will stick to my local Indian in Alresford Broad Street

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Derbyshire
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant had come recommended by the hotel I was staying at whilst on a solo business trip.
I have to say it was very disappointing. It started well with amazingly light poppadoms but went down hill drastically from there; the starter portion was extremely parsimonious, the naan was overdone (more like toast than bread), and the chicken in the archari was pallid. Add to that the diet coke was flat.
But what really annoyed me was the waiter who kept peering over my shoulder reading my iPad. How about some privacy?
And frankly, given the quality, the meal was massively overpriced (£26).

Ham, United Kingdom
“Yummie Curries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Saffron is the closest Indian restaurant to our home and so has become our local choice. The food for us has always been very good and they even spice things up for my husband who loves very hot spicy food and they are good at recommending things if you want to try something different. The staff are very friendly and chatty, the service is good and they are always very welcoming. Popping in and getting a table often works but I always book as one minute you can be the only 2 there and within 20 minutes its full. We must be good regulars now because they always give us a complimentary drink! The restaurant is always clean and the table linen fresh - and I'm fussy! OH - be sure to try the curry with fresh mango (cannot remember what its called without a menu), but its super, mild and creamy for wossies like me who cannot eat spicy foods. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good food at the Saffron”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is good at the Shaffron, I've never been disappointed with the food. It can get a little crowded at week ends but the take-outs are just a good.

Visited July 2012