I've been here more times than I can remember both just for drinks / snacks and for evening meals and lunches.
99% of the time the food has been excellent and the other 1% its been good!
The menu whilst not huge has some good sized portions of various things on it with the Kobe beef burger being one of my favourites
I've never had an issue with the staff or service. sometimes the drinks have been a little slow to arrive but this is probably down to the fact its also a popular place for people to pop into for a drink so the bar is split between serving them and the people in the restaurant.
Its not the cheapest place to eat but i've never felt i've been overcharged for the amount i've had to eat ! can't comment on wine prices as don't tend to drink wine but beer / ales have always been reasonable priced.
there is a nice cosy and rustic atmosphere inside with a log fire often burning in the restaurant.
Will definitely be going again soon
If you own or manage The Foresters Pub and Restuarant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.