“Worn out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Fleet Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fleet
Travelodge Fleet Hotel
You added Travelodge Fleet Hotel to your Saves list
Cove Road, Fleet GU51 2SH, England (Formerly Innkeeper's Lodge)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
Jarrow
“Worn out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fortunately,when I visited this hotel I used the £19 per night offer, I would have been very disappointed if I had paid the full amount. The room I stayed in was near both a main road and a railway line, the room was well overdue a renovation. The bathroom floor boards were so water logged under the flooring that it felt more like standing on a sponge, it did not feel safe. I would only use this hotel again for a single night stay and only if on the £19 offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
iow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

£32 for family room, price too high as room very dated but decent tv, harvester next door average with slow service,ok for 1 night at £19 dont pay anymore than that.
travelodge brand very poor in maintainence and upkeep.
staff very helpful tho,!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting old buddies in Aldershot,staff all very friendly room was ok no complaints with good quality service.The shell garage next door well thats a different story:(.All in all i will stay here the next time i visit Aldershot.Travel lodge give these staff a pat on the back!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
plymouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this travelodge on the way back from Kent to Plymouth as late and needed a place to stay that night (25th March 2013). Found this for 42 pounds not the cheapest deal ever but convenient. With two children we wished we hadn't bothered. What a disgusting filthy place it is. The bathroom had mould all over the tiles which could have been cleaned as I did it with my finger on one tile.... but it was all over the walls. The bath had the bath mat stuck into the bath and peeling away with pubic hairs in it, the taps had Brown slime around them where they never appear to have been cleaned. In fact whole bathroom was disgusting its pointless going on. The room itself had not been hoovered, wafer thin pillows, burnt and mis matched lamp shades which were broken and generally not a nice place to stay. If it were not late at night with two young children we would have left! I will be writing direct to the company but it appears the same issues have been around for quite a while now. I don't expect a response. I wanted to air my problems to staff on the desk but couldn't find anyone present. ......it appears she was smoking outside the front door when we left! It seems there is no customer service experience to be had here at all. Total joke, premier inn is far superior budget hotel and rue that night we decided not to pay 70 quid over the cheaper option we took!

• Stayed March 2013
Leigh On Sea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having read previous reviews, I can't believe this is the same place! The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful (I bought a bike in with me). A nice large, clean , warm family room with a bath and shower; the only drawback is that rooms with adjoining doors have poor sound-proofing. Tea-making facilities. Convenient for Motorways but very quiet. Harvester next door for breakfast. (doesn't open until 9am on a Sunday). Plenty of parking. Travelodge is fantastic value; especially if you get your room in their Sale ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a family room at the back; preferably without an adjoining door .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeenshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

OMG Where to start on booking in was given no directions to our room.
Only one chair and a bed in the room.
Burnt lamp shade beside the bed
Lamp shade missing off the ceiling
Window had mould on them also
The bathroom shower curtain had left over shaving foam on it
Bath mat stuck on and peeling back brown areas around it
Plug holes in bath & sink dirty around them
Toilet bowel badly stained
on hairdryer in room

Room Tip: use another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here fortunately just for one night- thank goodness! We attended a beautiful wedding a few miles away and needed accommodation rather than travel back home through the night. When we turned up the car park for the hotel was flooded not just with rain water but with what smelled like sewage that had overflowed due to the recent heavy rains. Not only could you not park in this area because of the deep water but the smell was overwhelming.

On entering the Travelodge the staff were very friendly indeed which makes it more difficult for me to write this review. However, unless we speak out these situations won't get rectified. The corridors stunk of mould and other excremental odours. The room was okay and comfortable enough. Prior to sleeping overnight we went next door to the Harvester - where breakfast is also available. The evening meal was average but not up to normal Harvester standards. However, the nightmare breakfast was another story. In the Harvester the staff were delightful, but the breakfast was appaulling! My partner's 'porridge' looked like luke warm runny wall paper paste (and tasted probably the same!) and was served in one of their dessert glasses! Wel,l we laughed so much we felt quite rude but when my son's full English breakfast turned up with burnt black sausages, and my bacon and grilled tomatoes - or should I say one rasher of bacon and one half of an ice cold grilled tomato arrived, we gave up! I informed the very nice waitress that the grilled tomatoes were ice cold, and she informed me that they were pre-cooked and kept in the fridge and then reheated on demand but the chef must have forgotten!! He was fairly new !! We paid the bill and left never to return!!!

Room Tip: No comment! Not an option!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Fleet Hotel? Share your experiences!