“Beautiful and a throw-back to the Art Deco days...” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 6EL, England   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful and a throw-back to the Art Deco days...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were recommended to go here for drinks and it was well worth it as the drinks (both alcoholic and non alcoholic) were very nice. I particularly enjoyed the decor of the hotel and the tribute to the old days of cinema and black and white glamour. The main staircase is a delight to look at and the food looked good from what I could see. The location may be strange but seeing planes take off and land is always fun though!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

From the moment you arrive at the hotel and enter through the glass doors you are blown away by the design and style of the hotel. Every single member of staff was warm, attentive and friendly from the check in team, concierge staff, restaurant staff, housekeeping and guest relations. The latter, Tom, pulled out all the stops to ensure the engagement setting was flawless. Dinner and breakfast was superb and our suite was the best we have ever stayed in in a UK hotel. Thank you for all the great memories.

• Stayed January 2013
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean, friendly and all normal facilities readily available in the rooms. But restaurant service was too slow, particularly at breakfast - 25 minutes for poached egg on toast.
Mild irritation is that reception is on first floor while restaurant, concierge and entrance is on the ground floor - silly!

• Stayed January 2013
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

All of the above but as you expect it comes at a premium. If youre ok with that you'll really enjoy a good variety of well cooked and interesting food, a nice Skybar to drink and really atmospheric lighting. i have not stayed there in a room as yet. the rest is good though

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I know this place gets almost cost-prohibitive during very special events or holidays, but my experience was during an off-season time just for a business trip. The cost was a little high but manageable especially considering what you get. this hotel is absolutely beautiful and the quality of materials and finishes is carried throughout the entire hotel, even inside the elevators. Rooms on the backside have a view of the Farnborough airfield. I understand they are very popular during the famous air show held there annually.
The rooms and beds were excellent, and the bar & restaurant facilities also were very nice. the only minor drawback in the location was that it is a pretty long walk to get to anything else in the area so if you don't have a car, you're sort of stuck in the hotel.
I would definitely stay there again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Camberley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had our christmas party on the hotel's sky lounge exclusive for our department. Our event has been planned well & long enough that all of us (100 in total) were so excited that for the first time,we will have our christmas party in a hotel. The night of our party went so well,everyone was enjoying, we occupied the whole sky lounge. We opted for the bowl food menu which was highly recommended for us because of our numbers. The event coordinator said and reaasured us that these 'bowl food' will really work well for us instead of a buffet. But the food didn't turn out so well that night. In total,we should have 400 bowls of 4 different menus that night. After serving the first menu(100 bowls)...some of my colleagues kept on asking me that they still haven't had their first bowl and so I went to the person in charged of the bar and asked what happened,,why ia it some of the guest didn't have their foods?? and he said to me..thats all,first 100 bowls are already sent out and no more left... how come? I asked him. in fact,the no.of guest who were on that sky lounge was not even 100., so how come theres not enough foods?? and so the second set of 100 bowls were served again...and same thing...guest asking me why they don't have yet the second meal?? and the same answered he gave me..its all out! no foods left! He said they can't control the no. of bowls per person, as there maybe guest that took 2 or 3 bowls at the same time... but it cannot be..as the guests are aware that they will only have 1 bowl per menu. It was so awful,so disgusting! I kept reassuring some of my colleagues that..ok,I will asked for more...but the foods are not enough at all!!, and I don't think that they all serve the 400 bowls of 4 different menus that night. yes,we I have seen 4 different menus but I dont think the no. of bowls are right. And also,we were told that there will be olives and nuts on all the tables but in fact, none at all! And also,there were only 2 waitress's which i saw circulating/serving trays of bowl foods, and not even circulating outside the rotunda(where there were also guests out there) It is so frustrating!!! my colleagues expectations were..its a 5 star hotel,very posh and so most of us didn't have anything to eat before the party bcoz we know there will be good foods...but NO. ,after the party,some went drive thru to mc. donalds as they were starving and I myself stayed in my room and ordered a club sandwich....how awful is that??
After the party,I feel sorry for my colleagues,and I have had to anwer massive feedbacks from them..I wrote an email to the event coordinator but all they can say is 'Sorry,if this is what you feel on your party'. Oh well, now we all know, never again should we come back and have our event on this hotel and not one to recommend either.

Room Tip: Never book your event on this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hampshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at The Aviator for New Year's Eve including dinner and celebrations. We had a great room (suite) which was very well presented and spotless. The movies on demand facility is great and the bed very comfortable. Dinner was excellent with a good choice of starters, main course, and dessert; the Beef Wellington was outstanding. Service was very good indeed; personal and efficient. All the staff were working very hard but nothing was too much trouble.

The NYE celebrations comprised a fun casino with black jack and roullette, a fun photo booth with dressing up outfits, and a band and disco. All very good and great fun.

Breakfast comprised a large range of options including a full english... good quality food, well presented, with good service.

Overall a great stay and thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the airfield are fantastic :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aviator Hotel? Share your experiences!