Fast and friendly check-in service on the Friday night - a very nice touch was the glass of complementary wine served there! The room was clean and comfortable but the walls were a bit thin as I was woken up on both nights I stayed there by crying kids. I know it's not the Hotels fault but sleep was also interrupted by inconsiderate guests slamming doors rather than shutting them. Ate at the bar, a club sandwich, which at first seemed expensive until you see the size of it, and had a drink which was at typical hotel prices. Breakfast was a buffet selection of cereals/fruit- juices and the typical English fry-up as well as a continental choice. My second night I was again woken by children, but not by the alarm call I had requested. This time the 'honour' was down to the newspapers being thrown on the floor outside the doors. To be fair, the Hotel 'comped' me on my 'extras' as a goodwill gesture when I checked out and mentioned these issues.
Would I stay again? The Hotel chain actively encourages families and children so I think I would request a child free area to avoid being disturbed, if possible. I did seem to be amongst a lot of family groups where I was on this occasion.
The location is fine if you intend staying in the Hotel - it's got excellent pool/gym facilities as well as beauty treatments for the ladies - but there is nothing within walking distance apart from a Shell garage over the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Fareham-Solent in Titchfield is ideally situated for business and leisure guests on the edge of the Meon Valley in Hampshire between Portsmouth and Southampton, within easy access of the M27 J9 and the key business parks at Segensworth, Whiteley, Solent Business Park, Kites Croft, Cams Hall and Broadcut. Close proximity to Southampton International Airport and the Continental Ferry Port at PortsmouthFacilities include 124 air-conditioned bedrooms, high speed internet access and has recently completed a 1.5m refurbishment of the public areasThe hotel is close to Whiteley Outlet Shopping Village, Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and the famous waters of the SolentOur facilities include a Restaurant offering tempting dishes from around the world, 24 hour Room Service, relaxing Lounge and Bar Area and complimentary use for residents of the Spirit Health Club with fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and beauty treatmentsThe hotel has 7 conference and training suites which can accommodate from 2-140 delegates, an ideal venue for meetings, training, presentations, Weddings and other special occasions & events. All suites have natural daylight, air conditioning, wireless internet access and all day tea and Starbucks coffee. Our external grounds are ideal for team building and outdoor activitiesAccessible & Family Rooms available. Kids Stay & Eat Free (terms and conditions apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, IHG, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Fareham Solent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fareham Solent Hotel Fareham
- Fareham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fareham Solent Hampshire