“Lovely all you can eat!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Vegetarian, Cantonese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: There are a few West Street in our surrounding area,so,please look for Fareham West Street PO16 0EL.
“Lovely all you can eat!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We went here one weekday evening on a whim and were very impressed. You choose which starters and mains etc from a fixed menu and its cooked freshly, as much as you like I guess but we were stuffed after the huge platter of mixed starters which were completely amazing, nicest we've had in a long time, and so were glad that the mains weren't huge so we didn't waste much. Service was really attentive and friendly. It wasn't cheap compared to a takeaway, (we normally spend c£20 at takeaway for 2 compared to c£40 the food came to here) but the extra cost is worth the variety and excellent food.
Would go back again.

Visited August 2013

Portsmouth
“Very nice change.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a spur of the moment decision to go to this Chinese, we were made very welcome. We ordered from the all you can eat menu, and I have to say it was one of the best experiences in Chinese cooking that I have had for a long while. The food and the service were exemplary. As a party of 4 we were a mixed bunch with 2 seniors and two twenty something’s. Everyone enjoyed the food and the drinks. Very reasonably priced as well. Would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Due to some great reviews on Trip Advisor my wife & I decided to eat here with some friends who were desperate for a good Chinese meal. We all opted for the "eat what you like" buffet and enjoyed the mix of starters but were pleased to be offered more as portions were small. We looked forward to our favourite crispy duck and pancakes next. A small plate of duck, six sticks of cucumber and a few strands of onion were put on the table. We all believed three more portions would follow but were told that was a portion for four. Again, we were eventually offered more but in total we felt that we were given maybe a quarter of a duck between the four of us.
Three main dishes with rice and noodles were delivered as our main courses. The Sweet & Sour chicken had 5 small pieces of coated chicken, as did the Kung Po Chicken. The beef dish had just three small pieces of beef, the rice and the noodles were insufficient for one person let alone four people to share.
None of us are big eaters but we all felt portions were pathetic. Quality was ok but no lovely chinese flavours were evident in any of the dishes. Service was ok. Overall value was therefore poor and none of us saw or ate anything special to justify another visit. Sorry La Orient but undoubtedly there are better Chinese restaurants in Fareham and surrounding area. My £100 bill was really not value for money.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

had a nce evening out at this restaurant found the manager very friendly and accommodating the food was very good and plenty of it had to take home a doggy bag which they were pleased to supply would definitely go again

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to La Orient yesterday for my husbands birthday, and I have to say it was the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant. The quality of the food was excellent and so was the service. We had the 'all you can eat' option and tried so many different dishes which were all freshly cooked and brought to our table, gorgeous! I don't normally write reviews but I was so impressed I felt I had to let other people know about this little gem!

• Visited June 2013