“Lovely, lovely Chinese food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Vegetarian, Cantonese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: There are a few West Street in our surrounding area,so,please look for Fareham West Street PO16 0EL.
“Lovely, lovely Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went as a couple midweek to La Orient and had the 'all you can eat' buffet menu.
We were greeted warmly and enjoyed an excellent meal. The service was efficient despite it being busy and the food was just lovely. We would highly recommend La Orient.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southampton, United Kingdom
“fantastic takeaway, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We decided to take a break from our usual Chinese take away food haunts and try La Orient instead. It was well worth the gamble. Able to provide information on what food was GF and portion sizes for a large group. Take away delivered even though it was just out of their normal delivery area. Food was really yummy. Would I use them again - oh yes I would!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Great value mid-week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here with friends for a birthday. Six adults and four kids. Had the all you can eat menu. The food just kept coming. I'm not a great lover of Chinese food, but it was superb, nothing was too much trouble. Not sure about weekends.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Our guilty pleasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is our favourite place to go for special occasions, family get together's, treating friends or a cosy meal for two. The service is excellent and the owners make you feel special and the food is delicious. We always go for the all you can eat menu, very good value for money. Everyone we have taken here loves it, when they visit us they always ask if we can go to La Orient. What better recommendation can you give?

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Recently rediscovered - now we won't go anywhere else for Chinese food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I had to leave a meal part way through on a previous visit 16 years ago, to because I went into early labour in the Ladies...

Somehow since then this restaurant had fallen off my radar, but I'm so glad I rediscovered it just before Christmas 2012. Our meal was excellent and the service was friendly and helpful. I'm so glad that we were encouraged to try the smoked chicken! It hadn't appealed to me as I don't generally like smoked food, but it was delicious and is now a new family favourite, including the now 6ft 2 16 year old who nearly put in an appearance in the Ladies all those years ago.

I also recommend the fish fillets in oyster sauce on the all-you-can-eat menu - which is excellent value.

We will most definitely be back. In a matter of weeks, not years this time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere