“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visited for a quick meal with family using a two for one voucher on a sunday lunch. Food fine although pizza just warm on arrival. Pasta dish better. Drinks v. expensive. Service variable. The male host was great. Frosty waitress though in my opinion. Personally I think prezzo is generally a bit overrrated especially if you are paying full price. However I have been to worse prezzos and would go back to this one if I had to.

southampton
“Booked for New Year's Eve - a good move”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Following receipt of an e-mailout by Prezzo we, and our next-door neighbours, booked to eat the Signatures Menu (£25 including a glass of wine) on New Year's Eve as we had left it too late to do other things. What a good move this turned out to be. We ate at 21:00. The restaurant was about full. We received excellent service, the food was superbly presented and the portions were very good. One of our party has a wheat intolerance. The menu was thoroughly checked out by our waiter and only one small variation was required. We were really impressed and I would advise anybody looking to have a reasonably priced meal on New Year's Eve or around Christmas time before going on elsewhere to try the Signatures menu if they run it again. You won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Booked a table for 6 people at 6pm on Sunday 29th. Got there on time, it was not that busy. Drinks took awhile to come (order was wrong) but by then we were ready to order. Starters all came together. All down hill from here.

The mains came, well 2 of them 1 VIP pizza and grilled chicken, we noticed a table of 4 that came in after us got all their meals and sides together while we still waited for the other 4 meals and sides. 5 mins after first meals arrived the sides and 1 of the mains turns up. A couple of mins later the other mains turned up but I've eaten/shared my fries. Not impressed, less so when I look at my plate and see loads of greasy finger prints all around the plate. It feels greasy and dirty, underneath it feels scaly, greasy and dirty. My wifes plate is the same but not quite as bad. The manager or assistant manager (female) comes over and asks if everything is ok, I say not really, point out the the above and are told "we haven't chance to change the water in the dishwasher" and "would you like me to take all everything away and bring it back". To the first comment I am speechless, to the second I point out that "you couldn't get it right the first time so what makes me think you will get it right the second". My wife's and my meals were taken away and new meals brought back with the sides all together. Unfortunately the cleaniness of the plates hadnt improved that much.

The sad thing is the food was actually very good but the service and the attitude of the assistant manager was appalling. She had a real attitude which bordered on being rude.

The restaurant was clearly under staffed as there were 3 in the kitchen but only 1 waitress, 1 manager and 1 assistant manager. The manager was attentive but I suspect unaware of our issues, we didnt get any discount but as it was a birthday meal we didnt want to make more of an issue/problem. By the time we left the place was virtually full, how they coped is anyone's guess.

Will not be rushing back here, unfortunately not the first time we have encountered issues when dining as a group of 4 or more.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
london
“boxing day after the cinima”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

it was a party of 7 …. children 2 but adult meals now …. boxing day and all hungry after cinema … prezzo was open … have been before was ok … but fresh eyes and empty stomachs we decided to go … we were seated in the bar area till our table was ready …(in a completely empty place) the waitress was very attentive and in control for the whole meal … we were given time to choose meals … large choice .. the waitress took the order and all the meals came correct even with extras and changes (good waitress i repeat, unlike the interfering manager) … the food eventually came (i repeat in an empty restaurant ) VIP pizza nice and HUGE … calzone was nice ,,, chicken dish was horrible and was all left … when asked if it was ok the person who ordered the chicken said it was HORRIBLE … the manager shrugged and walked away …. pasta dish was not nice .. and classic pizza was poor so won't return …. if i was the manager and saw how much food returned on plates i would have enquired why ???????? prezzo YUK

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Nice local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really nice place in Eastleigh with the usual good menu selection from Prezzo at a reasonable price and on top of it if you are a Times+ subscriber you can benefit from the 2 for 1 offer (apart from the festive season).
The décor is excellent and does look up market.
Regarding the service I have found the staff usually really good and in the past if needing to eat quicker (to go to the Cinema next door ...) just mentioning this to the staff has done the trick - they just need to know ;-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere