“Superb service - a Little pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England

You added Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dogmersfield Park | Chalky Lane, Dogmersfield RG27 8TD , England   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dogmersfield
London
“Superb service - a Little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went here in April 2013 for an easter break. We are a couple with a 3 year old.

The service was truly excellent. Every meal we went to, they had children's cutlery already lined up. There were rubber ducks in the pool and our duaghter's name spelled out. For easter they setup a petting zoo. Teh pool had swimming nappies, floaties etc and was ehated nicely..

Basically you can not fault the service.

However it is pricey and everyone there seemed to either be Russian and/or travelling with a nanny, so be prepared to see some pretentiousness.

Overall a very nice hotel, in a beautiful setting with a rich crowd.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit during Easter. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the 'extra touches' and faultless service and that it made for an enjoyable family break. We consider ourselves both a relaxed and friendly hotel and typically shy away from any pretension.
I hope that you will choose to visit us again with your young family.
Warm regards,
Charlie Parker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Excellent 6 course dinner with very fine wines for each course. A great , very French menu tonight.
Highlights included the foie gras, and Duck leg Condit for me.
Venue very high class and the service very good.
Very spacious private dining room.
A classic Chaine des Rotisseurs evening with very good organisation, great company and discussion. Thought about staying at the hotel but it was an easy taxi ride from Reading.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Thanks to TripAdvisor, I was made aware in advance of the "Pet-Friendly Policy" adopted by this Hotel. For me "Pet-Friendly Policy" equals "a big hulking dog could have slept in your bedroom last night and on your bed -with a militant owner who treats his dog like a child (i.e. pretty much every dog owner I encounter)", so I rang up and expressed my disappointment at learning of this policy very late, and asked about my allocated room. A dog had slept in the room only a few days before, but had "short hair". That did not make any difference to me. I was not happy before I arrived, but I was kind of stuck, everywhere else was booked. They moved me to another room, where a dog had not stayed for at least four weeks. Not a great start though. You may not agree with me, in which case this Hotel is definitely for you.

As soon as we arrived, we were made to feel welcome. Charlie Parker, the General Manager, bends over backwards for his guests. A calm, affable, helpful presence around campus, he glides from one side of the hotel to the other without detection, almost appearing as a thought bubble next to you at the moment you want to ask a question. He is there, along with a colleague, to see to your every needs. Now that is First Class Service. Olivia was the same. They were always thinking of ways of making our experience enjoyable.

The facilities are great. Where else can you go Horse Riding and Shooting, and go the Spa, with the Kids playing in the Kids Club?

Here is my list of Pros and Cons:

PROS:

1. First Class Service. From Charlie and Olivia, to the staff in the restaurant. Everyone is happy and motivated to serve. This makes a huge difference.
2. First Class Facilities. The Equestrian Center is second to none. Brand new and 9 or so horses. The Shooting Range is not quite Gleneagles, but a decent effort and we loved it. The Spa is good, not as large as other Hotels.
3. Great Food. The Farmers Market on Sunday was to die for. There is also "Cafe Sante", with a Thai chef, serving delicious Thai food. Make sure you have time to take this in.

CONS

1. If you are not travelling with your kids, probably best to avoid. There's nothing worse than paying a lot of money for someone else to look after your kids at home, and going to a hotel surrounded by the noise of everyone else's.
2. Dogs: If you are like me, and have a problem with staying in a room where a dog has stayed, then this is not for you either. I cannot contemplate going back until they change their Policy and at least separate out some "Pet-Friendly" rooms. I would not do it at home, so I won't pay premium prices to stay in a room at a hotel where they allow it.
3. The relaxation areas at the front of the Hotel (i.e. newspapers and tea whilst the kids are in the kids club) are limited to a couple of small-ish rooms. This is similar to Calcot Manor. For a real relaxation experience when the kids are in the kids club, there needs to be a bigger area, where you are not on top of the other guests trying to relax, and also kids need to be excluded. Once again, for the militant Family Friendly people out there - when your kids are in kids club you don't want to be surrounded by the noise of everyone elses'; you want to relax.
4. Dogs. Sorry, this comes up again, because although they are not supposed to be in the Food and Beverage area, they were allowed into an area where I was relaxing just outside the Food and Beverage area. It had been raining that day, and the smell of Wet Dog Hair might be attractive to you if you own a dog, but I don't, so it wasn't. It just made me feel sick. Then the family proceeded to order Room Service and eat it around the Dog. I did not turn around to see whether said Dog was licking the plate clean.

Anyway, a special mention for the terrific Easter Egg Hunt for the kids, it was really very special. Well done to the Four Seasons Hampshire for a terrific weekend. If they relax their "Twelve Monkeys" policy towards Dogs, I might even go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Farnborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have NOT stayed at this hotel, but had booked a Virgin Balloon experience which departed from the hotel.

Rang the hotel to ask about parking (as I was not actually going to be staying at the hotel), and was spoken to by a rather unhelpful person, who was not even aware that balloon flights took off from the hotel. She was not able to answer my question, and tried to offer me "valet parking" (which I did not require) instead.

For what promotes themselves to be a "wonderful hotel" they should surely buck up there phone habits. If the website had contained information about parking, then I would not have had to phone the hotel in the first place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to flag the poor telephone experience this past weekend and please be assured that this has now been addressed with our Switchboard team. We do have plenty of complimentary parking - either in our Guest Car Park or in our Valet Parking area and I'm sorry to read that this was not conveyed to you in an appropriate way. The balloon flights have only just been introduced here on Dogmersfield Park Estate so this may explain the confusion. I hope that you had an enjoyable flight regardless.
With kind regards,
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I took my niece for a spa day which was amazing. Staff were friendly and professional and the cafe at lunchtime served delicious meals. Facilities and treatments were great and the location beautiful. Can't wait to return for a stay in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your 'amazing' Spa Day here at the Hotel. I'm pleased that this experience has prompted you to stay with us on your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
With very best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I spent a night at the hotel for a wedding. The hotel is on a lovely patch of countryside.
I stayed in a garden room which was a very big size with an even bigger bathtub and walk in shower. Products were L'Octainne.
Plenty of activities to keep you occupied including bikes, falconry and a huge gym along with fitness classes. There is a sizeable spa but the photos of the pool are should we say "well crafted" and it is not as big as you think with around 12 beds squashed at the back. The outside smaller pool with sun beds looked appealing weather permitting.

Standout service from the Scottish lady on reception who was exceptionally nice and helpful throughout the duration of the stay.

Beware that the hotel allows dogs, so if you are not a big fan may be wise to stay somewhere else.

Overall good hotel, excellent service. We had a discounted wedding rate not sure this place merits £400 a night standard rate.

Hotel is 10 mins from Fleet station with a taxi costing about£15. No need to prebook as there were plenty of taxis at the station

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was our first stay at the Four Seasons in Hampshire and, as always, the Four Seasons never fails to impress. Stunning location, rooms, service and spa. We had a fantastic time walking and biking on the estate, relaxing in the spa and generally being pampered. The staff couldn't do enough for us and every aspect of the service was first class. Would thoroughly recommend and I can't wait to return.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for highlighting your stay as 'first class' - we very much look forward to your return!
With kind regards,
Charlie Parker

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England? Share your experiences!