“Weekend away for Mum's 65th birthday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England

You added Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dogmersfield Park | Chalky Lane, Dogmersfield RG27 8TD , England   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dogmersfield
London, United Kingdom
“Weekend away for Mum's 65th birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful weekend here. The hotel itself is really beautiful, the grounds lovely and the staff so attentive and friendly. The rooms are large and spacious and the bathrooms are the most luxurious I've ever seen. Loved the facilities (we were a large group with kids ranging from 10 to 2). They really enjoyed the kids club, and loved walking the Ollie the hotel's dog and the bike riding and swimming. The swimming pool was amazing and had all the toys for the kids which was really lovely. The restaurant was very welcoming for the children and even though it is a 'posh' restaurant we were not made to feel unwelcome with the children. Am missing those breakfasts especially the egg benedict! Would definitely come back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Surbiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner booked a night at Four Seasons as a surprise treat for my 50th birthday. I was not disappointed on the whole. The hotel, set in acres of beautiful English country side, is not only very luxurious but also of a very high standard. Our room was delightful. We used the fantastic swimming pool and spa. Ate at 'Seasons' restaurant - food to die for! A truly magnificent hotel. If I had to be picky then I have these points to raise;
1) after dinner my partner wanted to treat me to cocktails in the bar, we sat down and waited to be served, and waited and left after 10 minutes with a thirst! We could only see 2 bar staff and they appeared to be occupied with other guests. As we left we were approached but by this time we had decided to go to bed minus my 50th birthday nightcap!
2) breakfast was mediocre! It was buffet style, ok a good selection of fresh cold produce and a 'hot counter' for your cooked breakfast although some hot foods were rather hard and over cooked. A chef would cook eggs to your liking. I'd have thought a hotel of this calibre would only have an a la carte option. It wasn't very pleasant having to queue for food and having to make your own toast etc. Not the breakfasting style I previously experienced in Four Seasons hotels.
3) check out was very slow and laborious and mistakes made on our account!

I'd definitely return to this fabulous country retreat without hesitation and can highly recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Four seasons hotels are beautiful and the hotel in Hampshire is no exception. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We enjoyed a bike ride around the grounds during the day and lovely meal in the Seasons restaurant. The service was exemplary apart from in the bar where it was a bit variable, but the staff apologised profusely for their brief lack of attention. Breakfast is a buffet and I prefer hot food served properly from the kitchen. The facilities at this hotel are great and it is a lovely place to spend a birthday weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm delighted to read that you chose to spend your Birthday weekend with us here in Hampshire and that you had a lovely break. Although we do have a full buffet breakfast I did want to highlight that we also always offer an à la carte option whereby you can order hot and special items direct from the kitchen. I'm only sorry that this wasn't explained to you when you were seated.
With kind regards,
Great Saling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed for my husbands birthday and we have been here before and it is like coming home. I have to say that the SPA is amazing and it keeps me coming back Kerry is wonderful and a credit to the hotel.

Great check in lunch and chilling in front of the fire in the bar, only one down side for me is that at times the food at dinner is not as great as it could be, this time we had booked into the bistro but a bit sneakily they put us in the seasons restaurant and we were already seated when I realised and I was too embarrassed to say anything but next time we come I will make sure that I am brave enough to mention it! I'm not a fan of the food in Seasons as it is not my style hence why we wanted to eat in the Bistro.

Best bed ever so very comfortable

Would love to go back for christmas one year but that's just dreaming.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Recently attended a wedding and spent the weekend at the hotel, we found it amazing! Service was second to none and the staff were so welcoming and attentive; definitely worth spending a weekend at. My only negative would be they parked our car under some trees and the sap went all over our newly washed car but these things happen :)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us recently. Should you choose to stay with us again, please do let us know of your travel dates and the Concierge team will gladly arrange for your car to be valeted, with our compliments, by way of apology.
Best wishes,
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Called in to sample their sunday carvery, called "farmers market", as we had been a few times for drinks and the deserts had always looked fantastic.

Set price buffet meal including one glass of nv branded champagne. Normally not a fan of salad but I could very happily have eaten my full meal from the salad/ starter buffet station.

Main course was equally as good. Substantial slices of good quality meats, not the normal 1 or 2 paper thin slices you get at some places.

Cheeses were fantastic and unusually, all fully ripe and the deserts tasted as good as they looked.

Added on top of that was the level of service you should be able to expect in this level of hotel but seem to rarely get in London these days.

After lunch was far too full so went for a walk in their pleasant grounds.Will certainly be back and probably try their Fish Fridays at some point too which is a similar idea but friday evenings

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your 'exceptional' Sunday lunch experience - i'm confident that you would also love our FiSH Friday concept that is rapidly gaining in popularity since we introduced this earlier in the year. Not only do we serve the freshest of seafood but there is a live musician to create a sense of ambiance. What a perfect way to kick start any weekend!
Best wishes,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a high end hotel, with all the facilities, services and high quality staff to match. We enjoyed the excellent swimming pool, with both indoor and outdoor areas and our large spacious bedroom with bathroom containing both bath and shower. The let down (for an excellent rating) was the restaurant where I felt the food was very good but actually should have been better for the price. It's also a pity hotels like this charge for wi-fi in the bedrooms, which should in my opinion be complementary when one has paid so much to stay in the first place. We were grateful the hotel was flexible in allowing us to check out late, which was a very welcome and unexpected bonus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England? Share your experiences!