“Camp out for BTCC race” 4 of 5 stars

Aussie londoner
12 attraction reviews
“Camp out for BTCC race”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We camped overnight at the circuit, which we were allowed to enter after the Saturday qualifying. As we didn't get there til nearly 6:30 there wasn't a lot of room left (we had a large campervan) but we eventually found a spot near the toilets and showers. It turned out to be a great spot as was fairly quiet once the generators were turned off for the night. Most people were respectful and wearing the tags so you could access the campground from the track made it easier than having to pull tickets out every time.
The only thing I would recommend is to have a quiet end and a noisy end as you could hear a lot of music and yelling from the younger groups til quite late. My kids were tired so slept right through it thankfully :-)
Food and drinks were reasonable prices and although I know this comes down to the vendors.

Visited May 2013

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Karting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Incredible Karting circuit near the main Thruxton track. Karting circuit is outdoors, a great track, fast karts, it's well run and was great fun in the rain with a drying track

Visited March 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but after this experience I feel that we have been totally ripped off!

My track day (Ferrari Italia vs Cayman) was bought as a Xmas present from my wife which I had been wanting to do for years.
I am a confessed petrol head having grown up on motorbikes, karting and now own a 1971 Porsche classic car, so I do love the whole speed thing.

I booked my experience for the 8:30am slot as they advised there would be less traffic on the circuit and I would get the chance to get my foot down. It was sold to my wife as taking 3 hours however I was back in my own car driving home by 9:40am.

Basically the event consisted of a 40 minute or so briefing and then 2 laps in a Cayman driven by a young girl showing me the correct lines to take and then I had my go. It was 2 laps and it was over in less than 10 minutes however I was being told constantly when to change gear and where the line was - there was absolutely no opportunity for me to get the feel of the car or the track. I am a very experienced driver and to be honest I just found it really annoying to be told by a girl half my age how to drive.

I then had a go in the Ferrari. This is advertised as 4 laps, I definitely only had 2. And again it was over in less than 10 minutes. The instructor was a nice guy who let me start the car and showed me the controls but in just a short time at the wheel they shouldn't keep telling you exactly how to get the perfect line because all you do is follow their instruction and you don't feel relaxed and like you can get to grips with the car. To be honest my mother could have driven that car and I really didn't feel like I got to experience what it is really like to drive the car as it should be. I got no more than an inch of throttle and found it a bit of an anticlimax.

If you are doing this don't expect to be able to feel any of the Ferrari power because you won't. I got a bigger thrill driving my wifes diesel Nissan Qashqai home!

Basically if you are anyway into cars and know your way around them this isn't for you - take your own car to a track and do it properly. If you're not used to driving at speed and you need instruction you may well enjoy it. I certainly won't be repeating the experience and can't believe she spent nearly £300 on this!!!

Visited April 2013
Southampton
6 attraction reviews
“great weekend despite the rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

camped for the BTCC weekend dispite the really rubbish rain & wind blowing tents everywhere we survived & enjoyed it back again this may.

Visited May 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Always have a brilliant time, seen Chris Evans and co. Super bikes, and the big guys racing - awesome, come along and have a great time. We do!!

Visited March 2013