“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
wiltshire
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My work place had booked to go here, i was a little worried because of the reviews i had read but they wouldnt change the venue, so i went with an open mind! We actully really enjoyed ourselves. The service was fine and the food was excellent, the decor was different and everyone commented on it. Maybe they have made improvements, all in all the service was fast and the food good for the price.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Andover, United Kingdom
“a let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My Wife & I visited this restaurant last night, it was the second time we have eaten here. Our first visit about 2 years was enjoyable, but we felt really let down this time.
On entering the restaurant it wasn't busy for a Saturday night, and the room was cold. My Wife & I were shown to a table and then pretty much forgotten about for about 20 minutes. Eventually the waiter came and asked if we wanted drinks, a coke and a soda water. These took nearly a further 15 mins to actually arrive at our table, and apart from the glasses being very small the soda water was actually lemonade. My Wife took the glass to the counter and asked for it to be changed, the waiter poured some flat dregs from 2 nearly empty bottles!
When the food did eventually get ordered it took a long time to arrive and the waiter was very shambolic, flitting between tables and walking away from customers mid-order.
When the meal arrived we were instantly unhappy, we had ordered nnaga chicken and ceylon mutton. Although the sauce and flavour of both the dishes was very good, the tiny amount of meat was terrible and the cost of each was around £7-8.
My Wife and I felt really let down after having enjoyed a meal here previously, needless to say we shall not be eating here again.
We would highly recommend you try the Goa Balti in Everleigh nr Tidworth, once you've eaten here it will set the benchmark for all other indian meals.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Andover, United Kingdom
“Ordered a takeaway, wish i had bothered cooking.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

ordered a takeway - Garlic Chilli Chicken, and Sag Prawn. Asked if came with rice, was told no. Fair enough, they usually don't. So ordered two rice, asked them to repeat order, and after another 2 or 3 minutes on the phone was told that the Chilli Chicken DOES come with rice, so had to go through order again disregarding one portion of rice. Asked to pay by card, (another minute), they said yes but did not take card details. Feeling a little suspicious( rightly or wrongly, i do not know), I phoned back immediately and said that I would pay by cash.

Really pleased when food arrived, even though a little late. When I opened food, it felt warm but not hot. Whilst my husband tucked into his Chilli chicken, I poured out my rice and my 'Prawn' sag. It looked good! First mouthful was great. Then, i felt and tasted something not quite right. I looked again and found NO PRAWNS, but a tofu-like substitution. I phoned to complain, but was met with hilarity by the telephonist. He asked me what I wanted. I told him PRAWNS! After much discussion, I had to handed him to my husband, as I was getting no joy, as the member of staff kept laughing.

Worrying thing is the menu shows NOTHING along the lines of what I received, so it's not even though it's a mistake. The delivery bloke was much apologetic and produced me a fresh meal, stating that they often get complaints. However, I had no intentions of eating it, as I was worried what was in it!

As i speak, the phone is ringing, the number is [---]. Oh, the Light of Asia! Sorry, but they only call when u mention trading standards!

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
blackpool
“FIND ANOTHER RESTAURANT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We were a party of 10 and went to the Light of Asia on Saturday 14th May 2011 whilst visiting friends in Andover. This is the one of the worst restaurants I have ever been to.
1. The chips they served were burnt - it was clear to see so we immediately asked to take them away and bring some more. The replacement chips were not much better.
2. Food not up to the standard we are used to.
3. After the meal they brought us a couple of plates of mints which were really nice and we asked for some more - what happened next was unbelievable. The waiter THREW the chocolates on the table to whoever wanted another one. Yes you read that correctly - he THREW the chocolates on the table - we could not believe it. I have never, ever had a chocolate thrown to me by a waiter before!
4. We paid for the meal in cash, but they did not bring the change, they assumed it was their tip! As if we were going to tip them after the chocolate incident. We had to ask for our change, ever though it was only about £1.40!
All in all - terrible, dont bother.

• Visited May 2011