“Stunning garden, environmentally friendly, relaxing and highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Edge

Forest Edge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Forest Edge
You added Forest Edge to your Saves list
Andover Down, Andover SP11 6L, England   |
Ranked #13 of 13 Andover B&B and Inns
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Stunning garden, environmentally friendly, relaxing and highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I really enjoyed staying for a couple of nights at Forest Edge as Annette and David are warm and friendly hosts and the rooms are comfortable and immaculate. I enjoyed eating a delicious breakfast in a room overlooking the garden which was a relaxing start to the day. The garden is absolutely stunning, bursting with wildlife, with a forest at the end of the garden. The garden is a must see if you are lucky enough to visit. and I enjoyed a wonderful tour of the garden I hope to stay again and would highly recommend a stay in this peaceful and relaxing setting. I found Forest Edge to be very environmentally sound and inspiring

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Colne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I travel with work and rarely stay over, but when I do I, might have to book last minute. This means I usually end up staying at 'Branded Hotel Chains' and do not have time to look around for B & B's. WI FI is very important as my job is in IT and all my correspondence needs to be done during the night as I rarely get time during the day. Its shocking the amount of places to stay that still do not offer this, even a paid for service. I feel embarrassed for saying this, but this was the primary reason for staying here, along with the location being about ten minutes from my next job.

I arrived after a long journey at about 8.30pm, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I really did not know what to expect, as the price was relatively low and I have had some 'interesting' experiences with B & B's in the past.

I had a very friendly welcome, and everything explained to me about breakfast, the area, where I could go etc, and also I ordered breakfast.

The room was clean, tidy and had digital tv. The WI FI was up to standard, and the bed was comfy. It was also very quiet. As a Dad of two children under four this was a delight!

Breakfast was served when I booked it, and the Kippers were simply amazing. The other guests were introduced to me and we had a great chat, It was almost like being with friends.

Normally I rush breakfast to get to the job as early as i can, but I have to admit I left it to the last minute to go as I was really relaxed and can understand how the other reviewers felt about the place. Its a shame that I couldn't stay longer, and take advantage of the surroundings, gym and food a bit longer.

I've told my work about the place, and they will definitely be sending more business their way.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Parkwood, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was our first stop on our UK trip. Found Forest Edge on line when planning our trip from Australia. we spent 5 great nights with David and Annette who were the perfect host and hostess. Lovely surrounds very comfortable room and an all round great place to stay.Access to surrounding district for the history buff is great and dont miss a meal at hurstborn priors pub. Say hi to Hellen and trell her the Aussies sent you. Andover in easy reach and the cricketers pub is also a must for a dine out. Highly reccommend Forest edge to anyone looking for a quiet and pleasant place to lay a weary head. Thanks Dave and Annette.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We had a lovely stay at Forest Edge B&B in July 2010. The B&B is situated close to the centre of Andover but it felt very secluded - a true hidden gem. The garden is amazing with plenty of seating allowing guests to relax and unwind amongst the trees and wildflowers, watching and listening to the wildlife.

The hosts were wonderful and very welcoming. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. There was a very good selection for breakfast and the food was delicious.

We would recommend this peaceful, beautiful B&B to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Forest Edge is located in a very picturesque and quiet setting. The owners are incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts are tasty and filling. If I'm passing that way again, it will be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed for two nights on a business trip and only wished we had more free time. After a long working day, sat in the superb garden with drinks and then had a take way.The previous night we went for a pub meal nearby which was excellent.
They are the very best of hosts! Serve wonderful breakfasts.
Peaceful and relaxing place to stay.
Rooms are spotlessly clean.
I'd defiantely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Eye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Easy road access but behind the gate a tranquil and well planted garden, onto which the guest lounge (and my room) looks. Modern guest wing, on one floor, well decorated and maintained. Dave and Annette make you welcome at once and are ready with tourist information and environmental expertise. I have already recommended Forest Edge!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Forest Edge? Share your experiences!