As a Gold member to Six continent hotels i stay in many holidays Inns and this was by far the worst one ive ever stayed in. As like the previous reviews the security gates on arrival make you realise how bad the area actually is. Now onto the rooms.
Checked in swifty and went to my room. This was the smallest room ive ever seen in a holiday inn. Even Holiday Inn Express rooms are larger. On inspection of the bathroom there was filth and mold all over the tiles and scum on the basin of the bath. I complained to management and they moved me to another room. Once inside that room I looked into the bathroom and yet again the tiles were filthy with rust and mold. Pictures attached. The Manager was actually quite embarressed at this point and moved me again to the 3rd room which was larger and cleaner or so i thought. Woke up in the morning to find two bugs crawling around my pillow. Not sure what type of bugs they were but yet again found myself calling manager and then yet again chaging rooms to the 4th room of which they upgraded me to a executive room (121) which is normally the standard size in most other Holiday Inns. Plus they gave us two free drinks in the bar which i needed after re packing all my clothes and moving rooms yet again. After coming in after watching a show, felt like ordering room service and watching a in room movie. But guess what, the Movie system wasnt working and they didnt do 24 hour room service as advertised on web site. The Walls are very thin you can hear people walking along corridor as if they are in your room. On check out i wrote all this out and spoke to the manager who did apologise and re funded my bar bill and took off my parking costs.
I would not ever stay here again. Location is ok if your happy to get taxi, do not walk outside hotel, Taxi to Deansgate is approx £6-7. The Rooms are in desperate need of a steam clean. I dont see how they can call this a Holiday Inn as its no way near to their standard.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Hotel Salford
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Hotel
- Holiday Inn Manchester West
- Holiday Inn Salford
- Salford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Salford, Greater Manchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Manchester West is located close to many popular attractions in Manchester including; Old Trafford - the home of Manchester United football club, The Imperial War Museum, The Lowry Theatre and bustling Salford Quays and Media City. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from Manchester City Centre where you can enjoy extensive shopping or take in a concert at the MEN Arena. We are also only a 20minute drive from The Trafford Centre. The Holiday Inn Manchester West offers a relaxing yet stylish bar area and our dining menu is available all day. Wifi and Car Parking is available to all guests on a complimentary basis. The hotel is located close to the M602 and M62 motorways, and is 8 miles from Manchester International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Manchester-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.