Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a Sat & Sunday following on from visiting Alton towers. Ive never stayed in a HI Express before but was very pleased with my choice of accommodation!! We paid £59 in total for B&B on a BOGOF for 2 nights!! I did see in reception that the rack rate was £90 and maybe if I had paid £180 in total for 2 nights I might have expected more. Its right in the middle of Salford Quays and our room overlooked one of the basins. What was a shame was the litter floating in the water, not the hotels fault but did look very unsightly especially with the swans and ducks standing in it!
The room was probably what would be called medium size with a very comfy double bed and sofa bed. Might be little crowded with 4 sleeping in there but fine with just 2. Only a large shower but no bath all very clean and nice.
There is showergel/soap in the bath room but as most lower priced chains these days they are in non removable containers.
The reception/bar area was nice and the staff were very very helpful when I asked for maps and directions into Manchester and areas to go and eat/drink.
I saw someone else has noted that it’s a 15min walk to the metro stop but I would say its about 5mins away(and I walk slow!) and you want the Salford Quays stop, currently to St Peters Square as this is where the tram terminates due to works on the line and coming back you need to make sure you get on the Eccles tram. A return I think was £2.10 or £2.20 and takes about 10/15mins.
Old Trafford is close by, we walked there to do the tour which was good and I don’t even like football!
In Salford quays within 15mins walk there are a few chain restaurants although very quite.
Breakfast in the morning was nice, with plain and choc croissants, toast, rolls, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, hot drinks and fruit juice. There is also lots of free parking and the rooms have air con and there is free ice and payable food from a chiller in reception. There is also internet, and a phone charging point. I was told a taxi into town would be about £6-7.
Ive only given 4 stars for review due mainly to the toast machine for breakfast burning all my toast as it kept getting too hot and other guests kept turning the thermostat the wrong way(think the hotel needs to put a sigh on the machine or stop customers being able to change it!!), think lots of people had same problem!! Would definitely recommend this hotel for couples, girls weekend away etc didn’t seem to be big stag and hen do hotel so bit quieter than if you stayed right in town!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays hotel. This Manchester hotel is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum. This superb location ensures that Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays is the perfect choice whether travelling on business or pleasure. Manchester city centre is easily accessible and offers a wealth of entertainment venues and shopping including the MEN Arena and Printworks. Our hotel in Manchester is designed to provide consistent value for money & our rates are inclusive of free continental and hot breakfast which is served in the comfort of our Great Room lounge where you can also enjoy free WiFi. In addition, guests also benefit from secure car parking (local charge applies £3.00 per night/per car). Our air conditioned guestrooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children & feature en suite power shower, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, & tea/coffee facilities. Additional facilities include a fully licensed bar, meeting facilities & a 24-hour reception. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays Greater Manchester