“A superb hotel in a superb location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays

You added Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Waterfront Quays | Salford Quays, Salford M50 3XW, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Salford
Kinsale, Co. Cork
“A superb hotel in a superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our initial contact with the Reception staff was exactly as we hoped for. They were welcoming, very helpful and efficient.On the few later occassions when we had contact with them we found them to be consistently so very good. They were clearly very well trained and enjoyed their work. We rate the Reception Team alone 11 out of 10. They were that good!
Our Room was also what we hoped for: very comfortable, clean and clearly serviced to a high standard.
The location of the hotel was excellent for so many of the local attractions,e.g. the Lowry Centre, the Media City and the Imperial War Museum. All were within a few minutes walking distance.
Car parking in front of the hotel was good and there were plenty of spaces.
Breakfast was good and there was plenty to choose from.
Overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mark T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear SailorSam2010,

Thank you for your recent comments concerning our Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays.

I am so glad that your welcome was what you expected from our brand of Holiday Inn Express, and more so that on every occasion that you needed to speak to someone at the reception desk the team had knowledge and could answer all your questions – your rating of the team is very much appreciated and I will ensure that each member of the team is made aware of your comments.

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay as without your comments we cannot ensure that we always give the very best customer service. We also look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel the next time you visit Manchester.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Letterkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here for two Nights and found the hotel to be a very well run hotel. Rooms are modern and kept very well. Breakfast is very nice and plentifull which is good if you are staying for a match. Views can be very good as well. especially if u are on the side of the hotel facing Old Trafford. Staff are friendly and very helpfull. Old Trafford is only 15 minutes walk. Only downside is that it can be a bit pricey especially when man utd are playing at home

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tully86,

Our Guest Services Team strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and from your comments I can see our team excelled in making you feel welcome and comfortable and I will pass on your comments to all of the Team.
Our location to Old Trafford Football Stadium home of Manchester United Football Club makes us the idea hotel when visiting the stadium or attending one of the many home matches. Some of our rooms actually have a fantastic view of the stadium itself.

May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester or when you next come to see Manchester United play at home.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed for two nights for meetings in Manchester. Its like most Holiday inns, generally clean and tidy and the rooms are comfortable. The location is right on the quays, which is a pleasant place to be, although its not overly busy midweek and a little souless. That said its a good location for trams and getting into the city.
The breakfast in the hotel was dissapointing, all seemed reheated and a bit grubby, so much so that we missed breakfast on the second day and ate elsewhere. The staff were very friendly and helpfull.

Dear Moscar77,

I am sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy our Express Breakfast and would like to speak to you directly concerning this aspect of your review. We are constantly reviewing our services and products and would value your personal view on this area. I would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel or via email on gec@expressmanchester.co.uk to discuss more.

May I thank you for taking the time to make a review about our hotel and I look forward to speaking to you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was my first stay in a Holiday Inn and I must say I was very impressed. The decor was better than I had expected and the room was very good - all that could have improved it was a magnifying mirror in the bathroom for shaving/make-up.

I would say the restaurant was ok - perfectly acceptable but nothing to rave over and the service was a bit erratic

I must also say a very big thank you to Tanya on reception who gave 5 star service, calling local hairdressers to help me find GHD hair-straighteners and ascertaining opening times. She then also emailed me a copy of my bill because I had managed to lose it on the way home!!

Overall, based on this stay I would not hesitate to stay in another Holiday Inn

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mark T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear AJR493,

May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester.

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Ideally situated for The Lowry Centre which hosts fabulous theatre space, exhibitions and refreshment areas. Hotel is clean, reasonably priced and offers ample choice of breakfast products. If you've been in one Holiday Inn you've probably been in them all - standard twin bed layout with en suite shower room, tv, hairdryer and kettle. Double glazing kept all the noise of the car park out - but the hotel is situated in a very quiet out of town centre location. Tram into Manchester is a 5 minute walk up a very safe footpath. Sadly they now charge to park your car - oh well that's progress for you!

Room Tip: first floor even numbers overlook the car park and you can smell smoke if you open the windows when...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bridgyboo,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

i stayed here on a bed an breakfast deal as i was watching a gig at the salford quays venue.

it was a good basic hotel with a reasonable breakfast and helpful staff. for the price it was not too bad. but as a solo traveler rooms are always more expensive.

Room Tip: the rooms are much the same, higher up better as quieter is always my motto.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Fergus Cameron M,

Ledbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Superb quiet location, helpful staff and a clean, comfortable, well appointed room made this a great place to stay when in the area on business. And for once I got a good night's sleep! (I so rarely sleep well in hotels as so many give you duvets that are far too thick for the hot rooms. This room had windows that could open, air conditioning you could turn off and duvets that were just right). The only reason I gave it a very good, not excellent rating was because the breakfast was disappointing. The range of food on offer was reasonably extensive but, as is so often the case in hotels, the ingredients used were cheap and the whole area, including the tables in the dining area was quite dirty with tables not being cleared / wiped down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mark T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Heather1807,

In respect of your breakfast experience, this is an area in which we are focusing on at the moment, please be assured that your comments provided will be passed onto the team currently working on this project.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays? Share your experiences!