“Impossible to sleep, unhelpful staff” 1 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Salford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
london
“Impossible to sleep, unhelpful staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have never written a bad review and am sorry that I feel I need to.
I stayed for 2 nights for work Feb 2014. The room had blood stained carpet (didn't bother me too much as had been cleaned) however there was a loud buzzing/humming noise right next to the bed which ran on and off all day and night. It was loud and inconsistent and I was unable to sleep through it with earplugs in and I am not a light sleeper! I raised this with front desk and someone came to check it out, agreed it was a problem, and offered no solution. When I chased it at front desk I was told "it will be fine". 2 sleepless nights, not very conducive for work.
I paid £20 for breakfast for the 2 days and this was added to my colleagues room instead of mine. I had to argue this also which made me late for work.

All in all very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2014
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I am sincerely sorry to read about your experience. This is quite unusual as you will see from previous reviews we always receive fantastic comments regarding our staff. . I will of course review your experience with the relevant departments to determin why you did not have the perfect experience. I very much hope you will try us again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
I.O.W
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Many thanks to Ramada for our lovely stay, Steve on reception night shift was an amazing help to us. He really made us welcome.
Rooms good but needed some dusting in areas.
Food was all fab, Cameron is such an asset to your company, what a professional courteous young man, extremely helpful.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

What a fantastic review! It always makes my day to hear how a members of the team has made you feel so special. Both Steven and Cameron have recently been promoted within their departments so it is fantastic to hear what a great job they are doing! I will ensure your kind words are passed onto them personally.

I look forward to welcome you again in the future.

KInd Regards

Great Wyrley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Absolutely loved the people here! So friendly and welcoming from top to bottom. The beds are to die for and the full English breakfast cannot be bettered. I will be staying there again when I'm in Manchester.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Wow- what a lovely review! It always delights us to hear how much one of our guests has enjoyed the hotel and facilities. We are very proud of the friendly and professional staff we have here at Ramada Salford Quays and it is great to hear how welcome you were made to feel.

I do hope we get the oppourtunity to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Booking in advance gives you an amazing rate for such a lovely hotel. I was very happy as I requested a room with a view of the docks and I don't think I could of had a better one! (Room 813) beds are comfy, Frankie & Benny's across the road, Great location, Great hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Wow- What a fantastic review!

It’s great that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you give us another try in the near future. In the meantime, why not look on our website for the latest deals and promotions!

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stopped here as a family for a very special birthday celebration. The hotel is ideally situated, walking distance to Salford Quays and a 10 mins tram ride to Piccadilly ( the tram stop is across the road from the hotel) with secure on site parking (£6 for 24 hrs)The reception staff were helpful and friendly with both the check in and out process, the rooms were clean, bright, modern and functional with an exceptionally comfy bed and pillows. The bathroom was also spotless with a great shower. We had rooms on the top floor with views either over the quays or city. A great value hotel with a good location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room the views are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

What a fantastic review! It is great to hear you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. It is fantastic to hear how welcome you were made to feel by all the staff. Customer service is our main priority. I will ensure your kind comments are passed onto all the team in our daily morning meeting.

We always offer the best deals direct at the hotel. You can contact me direct on 0161 876 5305.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend so that we had somewhere to stay for the warehouse project (which is just 5 minutes walk down the road). Really nice, comfortable beds and lovely modern rooms. Includes hairdryer, sofa, good channels. The two guys at reception were also very friendly and approachable. We didn't try the food so I can't comment on that, but if you book far in advance like we did (four months in advance) then you can get a good deal. I think we paid £65 between us a night and I think that's not bad at all for a really nice hotel like this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review following your recent stay at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and that my team were attentive and helpful throughout the duration of your stay and I will make sure that your kind words are passed on.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Swadlincote, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel itself is lovely and clean the staff all seem very friendly tho bar service is abit slow in the day you have to go find someone to serve you but thats not really an issue bars dont tend to be busy in the day,, our room was lovely had a nice veiw of the quays and there was all the amenities you needed provided..maybe some more hangers put in spesh if theirs 2 guests in one room, theres 24hour service which was brill for me and partner as we didnt come until late the only problem with that is they dont deal with cash u have to pay a £30 bank payment which gets refunded when uve paid ur tab off when u checkout which we did but my partner has now been waiting a week for his money to be refunded. When i rang up the first time the the lad i spoke to was not helpful at all didnt even apologise the second time i phoned the women i spoke to was very apologetic and more helpful.didnt experience the breakfast unfortunately as couldnt stomache it lol but the resturant looked nice soo im assuming the breakfast would have been lovely. Overall had a good night sleep and lovely stay apart from problems with money.

• Stayed January 2014
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I was delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us here at Ramada Salford Quays and enjoyed the view from our Quay facing rooms!

As with most hotels in the UK after 11pm we only accept room charges only and therefore require a swipe of a credit or debit card. This money is held in the back and realeased on check out. I was concerned to hear you had issues with the monies being released. It usually can take up to 5 working days for a pre authorisation to be released. I am sorry you had to contact the hotel regarding and do hope we have managed to sort this for you now.

I sincerley look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Regards

Front Office Manager

Been to Ramada Manchester Salford Quays? Share your experiences!