“Mixed Feelings” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Salford
Island of Malta, Malta
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for one night on a Sunday on a B & B basis. Located hotel on my SATNAV easily but despite having a blue badge, was charged another £6.50 to park car in car park. When raising issue at reception, I explained that on its official web site it clearly states parking at a nominal fee! Nothing stated about disabled customers and I should write to Head Office to raise this issue.

I had requested a quiet room and was given one on second floor overlooking main road and in hearing of the railway line. I made my views known and was given another room overlooking the rear of the hotel.

Nice room, clean and comfortable.

Breakfast buffet in the morning was limited and some cooked items dried out-uninspiring but looked after by a new female employee who had started that morning-bright, cheerful and an absolute delight; her name I believe was Linda.

When we arrived at our next Hotel, we discovered that my wife had left her silk pyjamas behind and a quick telephone call ascertained that they had been found and waiting to be collected. A + for that.

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking rear of hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I am pleased to you found the room to be clean and comfortable. We are truly disappointed we did not fulfil your expectations. We are eager to make it up to you and show you all that everyone is raving about on TripAdvisor. We truly strive to make your experience magical.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Blackburn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We've stayed in many Manchester city centre hotels for a lot less money and enjoyed a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, we were allocated a room on the 8th floor here which appeared to be directly below the air conditioning units on the roof of the hotel. If this room were to be offered to me at £5.00 per night, I wouldn't take it. Everything about the room was good except the awful noise. I wish we could have a refund but, unfortunately, the reception staff the following morning were too busy talking amongst themselves to be interested in whether we had enjoyed our stay or not. Needless to say, we will not repeat this experience with the Ramada. I have to say that the staff the night before were very good.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't end up on the 8th floor - it's very noisy because of the aircon.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to hear your stay was not up to our usually high standards. As viewers will see from previous reviews this is certainly not the norm here at Ramada Salford Quays and your comments will be discussed in length at our next management meeting.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Helen, you are a star.
this was our second visit this year to the ramada inn Salford quays and once again Helen at reception was welcoming, courteous and very helpful. a credit to the the company. I would certainly recommend this hotel for its location and convenience to the Manchester area. breakfast was adequate, bar was a bit expensive but overall a good hotel with great staff, especially Helen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

What other can I say than thank you so much for this review!

I thoroughly enjoyed looking after you and your group. Lovely guests such as yourselves makes my job much easier!

I really do look forward to welcoming you again in the future. If you email me direct I will ensure we give you a good deal also :) Helen.white@ramadasalfordquays.com

In the mean time have a Happy Christmas and a Fabulous New Year!

Kindest Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Not far from city centre a £5 taxi ride . Parking on site at a cost secure.
Rooms are very good clean comphy beds windows a bit dirty but passable.
Just round the corner from Old Trafford for football or cricket. Few bars and eateries nearby but mainly a taxi ride away to anything worth seeing

• Stayed September 2013
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at Ramada Salford Quays.

It is great to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We really are fortunate to be in a fantastic location, close enough to the city centre but far enough away for a tranquil night away.

I do hope we get to welcome you again soon and may I wish you a Happy Christmas.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time with my girlfriend at the weekend, when we arrived at the hotel I was told my booking wasn't there even tho i called up durning the week to confirm it but with some help from the 2 guys on reception Shaun and Rob we found that someone had canceled it by mistake which was fine with me as wee all make mistake and the problem was quickly sorted even tho I did have to pay a bit more than I should have but it was only a few pound so I didn't mind and the manager was nice enough to give us a free Helen I think her name was..

We where giving a room in the 8th floor which I was happy with as there was Xmas party's on, the room was lovely and spacious and the beds where so comfy it was perfect for our stay, we got ready and went down to the bar for food as the restaurant was closed due to the Xmas party's the food was lovely and the manager give us the drink she said she would.. My girlfriend for a cocktail and I got a pint one thing I would say just from being someone who works in a hotel I think the staff could do with some cocktail training as the cocktail wasn't the best and it was actually undrinkable but as it was a free one I didn't want to complain.

When we went to check out the girl said I still had the room bill to pay even tho I payed it when I arrived, but from being a receptionist in a hotel I was able to tell her what had happened and that problem was quickly resolved she also apologised as she was the girl that canceled my booking by mistake and she refunded me the few pound extra that I had paid which I thought was nice..

All in all it was a good stay and I will defo return to this hotel when we are back in Manchester..

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the review- all feedback is fantastic as it helps us to improve!

I am sorry you had the inital issue with your bookingbut i is great to hear how the team handled this for you. I have passed your comments onto our Head Bar Man so he can issue training where needed.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely hope we have the oppourtunity to welcome you again in the future. If you contac me direct at helen.white@ramadasalfordquays.com I will ensure we offer you a preferential rate for the inconvienince you had.

Have a fabulous Christmas!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had a fabulous Xmas party here! The food was lovely but the staff where SO friendly! They really made the party atmosphere!

Special thanks to Lyndsey ( blonde one), Steven and Ailsa ( dark hair) please give them recognition and some sort of bonus! They made one of our staff whose very shy feel so welcome and special!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

WOW! Thank you for this amazing review!

The staff certainly got in the party spirit to ensure you had a fantastic xmas party and I will personally pass your gratitude onto Steve, Ailsa and Lindsey. They really are a credit to the Ramada team!

I do hope we get to do it all again next year. We offer discount for early bookings so don't miss out!

Have a fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kindest Regards

Front Office Manager

Been to Ramada Manchester Salford Quays? Share your experiences!