“Fantastic rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Salford
“Fantastic rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous rooms, great service and just a few minutes drive from the city centre. What more can you ask for? I've been spending nights away in various hotels for over 39 years now and the Ramada at Salford Quays is right up there with the best of them. The room device was spot on, even at unsociable hours. The staff where welcoming and presented themselves professionally. If I could score 10 I would!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It is always fantastic to hear that you found the staff welcoming and the hotel to be one of the best you have stayed at. We pride ourselves on delivering the best customer experience possible and I am delighted to hear that this was the case.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact myself direct on 0161 876 5305.

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Great location for tram stop into city which is directly opposite the hotel, very clean rooms and great service , after being in our room 5 minutes we were given a courtesy call to check all was ok with our room, views from the higher floors are fantastic and old Trafford is to the left of the hotel, great value for Money! We will definatley be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012
Helen W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Manchester Salford Quays, responded to this review, June 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Ramada and that the team looked after you well. We always offer the best rates at the hotel so when you are ready to book again please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 8765305. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was an OK hotel- located in Salford Quay- some decent food chains nearby and a Tesco in walking distance. On arrival the whole place had a chaotic feel about it- the car park was jam packed so I was re-directed about a 5/ 10 minute walk away. Not the biggest of inconvenience as I had limited baggage but it could prove problematic had I been staying longer. There was a guy on reception who oooozed stress- I don't blame him actually- it was just chaos at check in.

The room was nice, large, comfy bed. Clean. OK for one night on business. Breakfast was basic and nice. Room service was efficient and food was decent.

A view of the car park.... that I couldn't get in!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Ramada Salford Quays. Unfortuanetly we have limited spaces for the car park as we share it with the hotel adjoining. However we do offer a alternative car park for all of our guests just a 5-10 minute walk away should the main car park be full.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 876 5305.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel is great a very good service. Madaline, Shaun, Helen, jana and elizabeth are very friendly and helpfull and allways make you feel welcome

Room Tip: I recommend this hotel to anyone Excellent stay i come back every week
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mark

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review.

It is great to hear how much you enjoy staying here and we enjoy welcoming you back each week. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

If, like us, you're looking for a clean, comfortable stay in nice surroundings nearby to Old Trafford then you will not be disappointed. This large hotel is split in two, with the 'south wing' being an etap hotel, with separate entrance and facilities.

Our top-floor room was in immaculate condition with all the amenities needed for one nights stay. The view of Salford Quays is probably the best in this otherwise urban metropolis. Positioned between a petrol garage and a tesco metro, the hotel is an easy 15min stroll from Old Trafford or a 10min taxi ride from the more fashionable bars in Deans Gate (recommended). Secure parking was available in an overflow car park a few streets away. There's no hidden surprises in this offering of Ramada's chain hotels, however I can confirm the beds are to die for.

My only gripe, as with similar hotels, is the lighting. We checked in at 3pm on one of the hottest, sunniest, and brightest days of the year. We enter our room to find no less than 5 lamps and lights on. I'm no eco-warrior and I know these are only active when you insert your room key-but im just a customer who is frustrated at turning off all the electrics before camping down.

So overall, as expected from a high quality global chain. No nasty surprises and no breathtaking moments. Hassle free check in/check out and great location make this Ramada a must. I'd recommend and return here.

• Stayed May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad to hear you found the hotel comfortable and ideally located. I have passed your comments onto our housekeeping team to ensure they turn all lights off when they have finished cleaning the rooms.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is a great hotel, very near to Salford Quays, and a short Metro journey away from the centre of Manchester. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bathroom was spotless. The staff were friendly and helpful.Bar prices were average for a hotel of this nature. Not too pricey but more than you'd pay in an average pub. We had a spectacular view over the quays from our 7th floor room. Gorgeous at night when the sun set.

There is a small amount of outside seating for drinks etc.

By booking early we paid 60 pounds for a double room on a Friday night and 69 pounds for a Saturday night. Bargain!

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher front rooms have a spectacular view of the quays.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review.

It is great to hear that you found all the staff friendly and hotel comfortable. The views from our Quay Side rooms do offer some great views.

We always offer the best rates direct at the hotel so when you are ready to book please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 876 5305.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

northumberland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and i stayed here with friends for a one night break. I was well impressed with the hotel as soon as i stepped through the door. Check in was fast and the bedroom was immaculate and the views of the quayside were lovely. The hospitality tray was probably the best ive had in a hotel. The bed had good quality bedding on and was so comfty, we had a really good nights sleep. Breakfast was good, lots of choice. Although had to queue a few times to get the hot breakfast as they kept on runing out of sausages, bacon and eggs but all in all a great breakfast. We had drinks in the bar at night time, abit pricey but a suppose thats to be expected. Location of this hotel was fantastic, easy walking distance to old trafford. Tramline on the doorstep. Would recommend this hotel and would definately stay again as we had a fantastic time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I was delighted to hear that you had a fantastic welcome to the hotel and found the rooms to be immaculate. I have passed your comments onto our Restaurant Manager to ensure we have enough staff on during busy breafast periods to avoid any queing.

If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 876 5305.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Helen White

Been to Ramada Manchester Salford Quays? Share your experiences!