“OMG!!!!! TOTALLY OVERPRICED!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Manchester Hyde

You added Village Urban Resort Manchester Hyde to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Manchester Hyde
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Captain Clarke Road | Hyde, Hyde SK14 4QG, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel Manchester Hyde)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hyde
“OMG!!!!! TOTALLY OVERPRICED!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here on 17 August 2013. NEVER AGAIN!!! Feel totally ripped off £115 per night. Arrived and lad in reception very nice. Was allocated room 4. Got to room and it smelled like SICK! I sprayed the room just thinking it might just be me. We went to the Victory Pub for a quick bite to eat then returned to the room. The smell was WORSE! I went to reception to complain and was told " oh yes there is an ongoing problem with room 4 I thought it had been sorted. I will move you". We should never have been there in the first instance!!!.

So on to our new room. Room 11. I have to admit there was no smell but the bath. WELL what can I say. I have put pictures on. Grime Mildew filthy. No way has that been cleaned. I have stayed many a night at the Hilton at Deansgate for less money than this and wow you can just see the difference. To put it bluntly this place is a dump. Definitely not worth half if the price they charge. Youth hostels appeal to me more than this place at the moment

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hyde
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was excellent and very clean , the beds were comfortable and ample room in the bathroom although the extractor fan was not working, the breakfast was good and plentiful but evening meals in the restaurant were very expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well it is so nice to read a review that you are about to write......MofoM "Define soul" wrote the exact review I was going to.
The only things I would add is that the hotel room had a fan in it and the view from our room 224 was an industrial estate!
The meal they served for the party night was tomato and basil soup, chicken or vegetarian option and profiteroles or cheesecake.
I'm wheat intolerant and they catered for me without hesitation, brought me a gluten free bread roll, and did a sorbet and fruit for my dessert, well done very impressed!

We too had booked a Groupon break, £69 for bed and breakfast and the Soul night which was an amazing deal and we did enjoy ourselves, it just wasn't a Motown or Soul night!
The breakfast was fabulous but we do find that De Vere hotels know how to do a fab breakfast.
The staff were fantastic, swift check in and checks out and the pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were relaxing.

We will stop again at De Vere hotels and try the party nights.

Room Tip: If you like to watch planes ask for a room right under the landing flight path, you can't hear...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the village, Hyde having bought vouchers via Groupon for a Motown and soul tribute night. I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel itself. The staff were helpful, the rooms were clean and comfy, breakfast was excellent. As for the tribute night, I do have some negative comments. The organisation, the service and the meals were all fine. The 'soul' singer was a young and very pretty girl. She looked amazing and had a good voice. But a soul singer????? I think not. We were all there specifically for the Motown and soul so for this young singer to be singing our old favourite songs, but getting the words wrong, was extremely annoying. She did sing some modern stuff and sang 'Mercy' really well but Diana Ross/Whitney Houston she was not. As it happens she was not on stage very long, probably half an hour of so. The DJ was another huge disappointment I'm afraid. His 'mixes' were absolutely atrocious. His choice of records was not always Motown or soul (Dolly Parton's 9 to 5, a Meatloaf medley, songs from west end musicals, the Dubliners' Tell me Ma.... Soul? I think not) a lot of the songs he played, he played more than once. Why? With the millions of songs he could have played, why do repeats? He asked for people to request songs. I did so, but my choice was never played. There were a couple of hen parties in (well behaved I hasten to add) and someone said the DJ was probably playing to his audience.... But the audience had all booked a Motown and soul night so surely that is what they wanted to hear. As we were leaving we did say that it had been a good overnight stay but that the only things that let it down were the singer and the DJ.... But that is what we had chosen this particular break for. My suggestion would be to continue with the party nights as these seem very successful and they are very well organised.... But get a different singer and a new DJ

• Stayed August 2013
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

went for one night with a group of friends for a hen party, got a deal for £80 2 sharing for the room soul night and meal. the staff were very friendly and help if there was any problems, very well mannered. the rooms where good for the price we paid. also the entertainment was fantastic and really enjoyed the night! in the morning the breakfast was fab and could help yourself with what we wanted, would deffo go back again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked 2 nights (double room) via the village website for a Late July deal of £50 per room B&B. On the face of it, it sounded like a good deal.
The hotel is located on the edge of an industrial estate and in an area where I had doubts about leaving my car! The nearest town is Hyde which, it transpired, isn't really a place I fancied venturing out to of an evening either.
Check in was swift, professional and polite and we were allocated a room on the 1st floor in the 100's - which backs on to the leisure centre. The room was a twin despite booking a double and after an immediate request to change we were told housekeeping would transform the room within 15 minutes into a double. This never happened despite asking twice, which should've been enough! The room cleanliness was poor - pubes in the bath and a pair of specs down the side of the bed!
The room was ridiculously hot and not just from the ambient outside temperature ( which was actually ok ). There was no air con in the room and the fan, already in situ, provided little respite. The temperature was so bad we had to leave the room door open to try and create a through draft. Obviously we couldn't do this when we went to sleep - I say sleep, really it was 2 nights of sweaty tossing and turning. Shame, because although the room was showing signs of tiredness, the beds were comfortable.
Breakfast is the star of the hotel. Good selection of hot and cold on a buffet style basis. Several other residents were complaining to one another over breakfast about the room temperature too, saying they hadn't slept either.
The hotel provides a number of incentive vouchers in the bedroom for use in the hotel's two restaurants - 1 being what is essentially a pub for the local area, the 2nd being a more traditional hotel restaurant. We opted to use the pub "Victory Bar and Grill" but what a mistake! The staff seemed overwhelmed, even though it wasn't particularly busy, and customer service was unfriendly and dire. After waiting more than 5 minutes to be served at a quiet bar I tried to use a voucher for two meals for £15 which, the voucher clearly stated, allowed a choice of all menu meals with the exception of 2 expensive dishes. I was told I couldn't have the choice I wanted ( a simple burger not on the exclusion list ) and was directed to a small section of the menu which appeared to be bung in the microwave jobs. In the end I walked out and opted to eat elsewhere.
The on site leisure facilities were actually quite good, but not a good enough reason to go back
Would I recommend this hotel – No: I'd rather give you the extra £15 or £20 myself to put towards a better hotel in a better area.
This hotel has put me off staying at a Village hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hyde hotels

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous wedding [party, people, event] crap catering. Dirty toilets - it's the first place I check, if a place can't get the toilets right - what else is wrong. Location? OK - just that. Venue? Average. Staff? Very nice. Bar? Well used. Food? Below expectations - way below. As a wedding venue? Consider somewhere else for the money. Partners comments - the ladies had no soap, the hand dryers didn't work, paper all over the floor, tacky - really tacky. Grubby. Rooms, hot and smelly. Wedding costs - OTT for what is supplied. Expensive drinks, cheap buns with hotdogs, horrible chips - just lacking quality.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Village Urban Resort Manchester Hyde? Share your experiences!