“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corse Lawn House Hotel

You added Corse Lawn House Hotel to your Saves list
Corse Lawn House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corse Lawn House Hotel | Corse Lawn, Corse Lawn GL19 4LZ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Corse Lawn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visiting Cheltenham Racecourse over the last couple of years we have stayed at this hotel on several occassions and have found the staff extremely helpful and pleasant, on no occassion have we seen or heard any of the staff being rude or offhand. One customer reviewed that they sat outside for 15 mintes before going in to see about getting served - why didn't they go in and order first then sit outside later!!!!
The rooms at the hotel are lovely - on one occassion i had a problem with the room - i went downstairs and talked to receptionist who came and looked at the problem and got it sorted while we went for dinner
We ate in the Bistro and the Restaurant, food was varied and superb.
Looking forward to our next visit in October

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Dereham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and found it a pleasant experience. The hotel is situated in a quiet rural location with lovely gardens, a tennis court and croquet lawn. We found the staff, and owners, to be friendly and polite, the room very nice and the food very good. The hotel had a nice elegant but cosy atmosphere and everything one needs in a hotel room was provided, even fresh milk in a little fridge. The only downside was the 'indoor' pool, which is in a sort of perspex-type enclosure and could do with a bit of tidying up. Still; swimming pools are hard to come by in small country house hotels. All in all it's a very nice hotel, we enjoyed our stay and we would definitely stay there again when we need to be in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Ok let's get this straight. This is not a 3 star hotel. The quality of service and food betters many 4 star hotels. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean, lovely big en suites, great beds and well furnished. It has effective and free wifi. One tiny gripe maybe the lack of TV channels but it's got all 5 and two sports and one news channel. Food is proficient I had quail nicoise salad followed by pork belly . Both very good - the vegetables were outstanding, simple, fresh and perfectly cooked. Staff are so very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My partner and I visited the Corse Lawn Hotel for Sunday lunch today - it was a beautiful day and the setting at the hotel is lovely.

We travelled for nearly an hour to get to the hotel and we arrived at about 1.50pm. Orders were still being taken and food was still being served.

After having sat down outside by the pond, at a table which had not fully been cleared of wine glasses, serviettes and place mats, we decided to sit at this table as it was the only one with a sun umbrella.

We waited patiently for 15 minutes before I went inside to speak quietly to a waiter, to find out how we could get served. The waiter was extremely rude to me - why had I not announced myself to the waiter (where does it tell you to do this?? In which other 2 star restaurant with waiter service do you have to announce yourself??) and we had had the temerity to sit at a "dirty table"...as this was the only one, what choice did we have?

I then spoke to the "Manager" (of Customer Abuse it appears) and got a similar set of insults from him...no apology, no nothing. By this time, I was told that food was no longer being served.
Well, just bloody fabulous!

I have eaten at far more expensive, more exclusive and much more sophisticated restaurants that at the Corse Lawn. Having eaten there once before, the food is really not much to write home about.

The staff are so far up their own derrieres and rude, I would certainly never recommend anyone to to this pretentious, over-hyped place. Looking at the comments to the side of my review, I notice that there have been complaints about the lady owner who was rude and miserable....well it has obviously trickled down to the staff.

Avoid at all costs!!

Room Tip: Go and stay at a better hotel with more friendly staff - try to Lygon Arms in Broadway for a start!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
corselawn, Owner at Corse Lawn House Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am so terribly sorry to hear you were met with rudeness at my hotel. I promise you it is totally
out of character, and extremely unconfortable for you. I would like to mention however, that
we were fully booked, which accounts for no available tables, but being full is no excuse for
rudeness.
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Do try this venue, I Visit this hotel on a irregular basis, the food is in no way overhyped, as commented elsewhere, I very much recommend trying any of the dishes either in the restaurant or the bistro/bar, I have very much enjoy this location for family, couples and business events. The staff are very keen to please, the food is very good indeed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Beautiful hotel and grounds. Large nice rooms furnished in keeping with the style and ambience of the place. Good service.

I really booked for the restaurant which had some great reviews, struggle to really connect some of the raving with the meal.

Starter of parfait was ok, tasted many better, but no complaints. Plaice main course was nicely cooked but the vegetables had been cooked to within a moment of becoming soup, the fennel particularly was utterly destroyed in form and flavour. Cheese selection was good, lots of interesting local choices.

Overall a nice little hotel, if the food was as good as the reviews I would be back in a flash.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We pride ourselves on our food, so I am very sorry to hear you were dissapointed. I must say
it sounds as if you had an unlucky meal.
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The setting is lovely, but the lady owner - Baba - made our stay rather unpleasant. I have experienced miserable people in my time, but this was on a different scale. The way she spoke to her staff was appalling, it created a bad atmosphere, Thankfully us and other guests managed to have a bit of a laugh about it, but I would not spend money to be put in an uncomfortable situation again. Ghastly lady, I am surprised she hasn't scared all of her customers away. Rooms were spacious but very average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oh dear, what do I say to this? Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion - even an ex
member of staff!

Been to Corse Lawn House Hotel? Share your experiences!