Very friendly welcome received on a cold afternoon. After a brief walk around the village we really enjoyed sitting by the wood-burner in the lounge with home made warm scones, cream, jam and proper, high quality, loose leaf tea. Raining hard and dark outside the rest of the afternoon went reading and enjoying the setting. A later gin martini in front of the fire was a great start to a tasty, high quality meal served by happy and informative people. Unexpected 'amuse-bouche' added to the enjoyment of the meal as did the ability to see from the menu all the local farms and other suppliers of the ingredients. Room 14 in the cottage was lovely, spacious and very comfortable with well laid out bathroom. Nespresso machine and fair-trade teas and coffees in the room plus real milk in the fridge! Breakfast of smoked salmon and eggs scrambled to perfection on crumpets meant we did not bother with lunch on our way home. If you need a treat and a cosy retreat in this awful wet winter, this is a really great place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the tranquil village of Clearwell the Tudor Farmhouse is a converted farm dating from the 13th Century. 20 well-appointed rooms, a five minute walk from Clearwell Castle with some of Britain's most picturesque and secluded countryside on the doorstep. The award winning restaurant offers fine dining with a menu based on the seasons and fantastic local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Tudor Farmhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tudor Farmhouse Clearwell
- Hotel Tudor Farmhouse
- Tudor Farmhouse Hotel Clearwell, Gloucestershire