My wife and I stayed here for two nights as a base for mountain biking in the Forest of Dean - when we take an active break we always like to stay somewhere very comfortable with good food. Well the Tudor Farmhouse ticked every box in this respect! It was very friendly, quiet location, a mile from the link cycle train into the Forest, had the VERY BEST bathroom we have ever had(room 23), had pleasant outdoor seating and absolutely superb food too! In a word PERFECT. Try a glass of the local Welsh Bacchus wine with your meal.
The hotel is ideally placed for exploring the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley. The Forest mountain biking centre (Pedalabikeaway) is very well run with a great selection of trails for all abilities. We took on the famous 'Verderer's Trail' which was fantastic- especially the last 2 miles downhill! Our third day was spent canoeing down from Kerne Bridge to Symonds Yat East on the River Wye which was a great end to three active days. We will return for sure.
- Also Known As:
- Tudor Farmhouse Clearwell
- Hotel Tudor Farmhouse
- Tudor Farmhouse Hotel Clearwell, Gloucestershire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the tranquil village of Clearwell the Tudor Farmhouse is a converted farm dating from the 13th Century. 20 well-appointed rooms, a five minute walk from Clearwell Castle with some of Britain's most picturesque and secluded countryside on the doorstep. The award winning restaurant offers fine dining with a menu based on the seasons and fantastic local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Tudor Farmhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.