“Good Food I'll be back” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Southend
“Good Food I'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The food was great. I would definitely recommend people to go there

The atmosphere was terrible due to there being only one other couple in the restaurant and to make it worse when the music stopped they didn't bother putting anything else on. I remember when this restaurant used to be packed every night such a shame.

The staff were friendly but couldn't be bothered (I don't blame them really they probably thought they were going to get away early then me and my husband turned up)

Good points

Great food at reasonable prices

Bad points

Waitress just poured the wine we didn't get a chance to taste it and had to ask for a wine cooler

This apart this could be a great restaurant Mama Mias just needs to somehow attract more customers. (Good luck)

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southend on Sea
“Fiddled...............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Sat 19th Jan called in for a meal before going to the Elvis Tribute show at th Cliffs, there were four of us.
The meal was not bad, it was well presented and hot, the drinks were pricey but that is normal now in most eating houses. We asked for the bill and thats where it started to go wrong there were two items we had not ordered just hidden in the bill £10 overcharged, when we told them it was put right but no real apology, what really annoyed me was if we had paid the bill and rushed off to the show and not checked it they would have had a result.............I do not believe this was a mistake!! we will never eat there again. "My thoughts"

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“DO NOT GO!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Well i don't know where to start we went to this restaurant before we were going into the theatre at 12 midday there was only 1 waiter on it took him 20 minutes to show us a menu another 20 minutes to come and take our order 10 minutes to get 4 cokes, we received our food after 50 minutes!
I ordered the chicken and mushroom risotto which the rice was not cooked enough but I decided just to eat it as we didn't have much time after 5 mouthfuls I put some in my mouth and felt something sharp I spat out the food on to my plate and found a piece of metal as u can imagine I was not happy I called the waiter over and his reaction was oh its only a little piece of metal.
I think that says it all.
Will never ever go again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Mother of Mia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The food was very good in mamma Mia, and when I went their with my aunt, uncle and grandmother, they enjoyed it as we'll and it also had a great atmosphere and was in one of the best locations in southend on sea.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

No way am i ever stepping in that place again.Not supprized it was empty.They need to work harder on smiling and not talking to there friends on the phone and looking after customers.Bring back the Original Staff from the 80s of Mamma Mia.They knew about customer service and spoke good English.

Visited September 2012